Coolperson, Home Buyer in 95822

I live in South Sacramento and i want to buy another house! This is a bad place to live! I've hear Granite Bay is a good place?

Asked by Coolperson, 95822 Wed Jun 20, 2012

I live in South Sacramento and i'm tiered of this neighborhood! I want to buy a house maybe around Granite Bay, Ca? Iv'e heard it's a very good place to live? Where is a good neighborhood to live around Folsom? Or somewhere else?

Answers

7
Hello Coolperson, your screen name cracks me up.

I have friends that have little money that live in Folsom and I have an attorney friend that lives in south sac. The lure of better schools and crime rate does tend to draw buyers to the subburbs. Sacramento is such a unique area in that quality of life can change from block to block.

I could rattle off neighborhoods in Folsom all day long, it really all depends on how much you want to spend and what you would like to be near (kids walking to school, commute, parks, etc.). If you have kids, I would start with school rating; http://school-ratings.com/

I can help you, and would more than happy to assist you in any way.

Jamie Sachs
Lyon Real Estate
jamie@golyon.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
People with money want to live near other people with money (generalization) and if they are willing to spend the extra money they can spend more to live in towns like Folsom and Granite Bay.

Poor people have fewer choices.

If you can afford to move to a pricey neighborhood, there are real estate agents aplenty (including yours truly) to fulfill your aspirations.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
As eluded by others, the first thing to do when you want to buy a house, is to find out how much you can qualify for a loan. This requires knowing your credit score, and talking to your loan officer, with all your information such as income, credit card debt, car loans, existing mortgage(s), etc.
Once this is done, you will have a clear budget. And based on that budget you can start looking for a property. Having said that, why not consider Elk grove, it is not too far from south sac. But, it has a good school district, nice tree lined streets, and it is a great place to live. Here you may find nice homes (court yard) homes in the 100+k price range. Good luck.
If you are unhappy in your neighborhood then it is probably time to think about moving. There are many great neighborhoods in Sacramento and the surrounding areas. It is a good idea to talk to friends, co-workers and even checking blogs. My clients that have purchased in Granite Bay are very happy there.

Start by getting pre qualified for a loan. Your money will go far in certain communities and not so far in others. After you get your pre qualification, connect with a Realtor who will help you search and provide options for different cities/neighborhoods based on how much you want to spend and can spend. Get started today!
Any place you are happy is a good place to live. There are pros and cons to every neighborhood, even Granite Bay.

You should spend a few weeks driving around and talking to people who live in different neighborhoods because there are great pockets everywhere. Sometimes they vary by a few blocks, even, which is why it's a good idea to walk instead of driving through them.

Don't rely on somebody else's idea of what makes you happy.

Elizabeth Weintraub
Broker-Associate #00697006
Lyon Real Estate
You need a plan in this market place. Homes are selling very quickly so you definitely need a strategy. Do you plan to sell your current home? If so, then you need to map out a plan on whether yoiu can afford two mortgages at the same time or do you need to find temporary housing etc...
As for areas, Granite Bay is an execellnt area. However, other factors should be considered before you decide on area such as commute time to work, school districts etc...
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Anthony Carrillo
Cook Realty
916-833-6266 cell
acarrillo@cookrealty.net
http://www.anthonycarrilloismyreagent.com
There's many good places to live! Do you have any sort of a plan to sell your current property? Or can you qualify for two loans (i.e. two homes) at once? Orrr...are you currently renting and need to start from the beginning with a first time buyer loan qualification.

Some neighborhoods you might want to consider are Citrus Heights, Foothill Farms, Granite Bay, Folsom, Orangevale, Tahoe Park, East Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Glenbrook, Rosemont. Lots of good opportunities are around, home prices vary.

Let me know if I can help you further!