Home Buying in North Raleigh>Question Details

Rafael Acosta, Renter in New City, NY

I live in NJ, and i'm planning to move to Raleigh NC and buy a house. I'm going to visit the state in april 2014, what are the best places to live in?

Asked by Rafael Acosta, New City, NY Mon Mar 3, 2014

Answers

11

If you need any assistance with a Pre-Approval or would like to compare one of my rate quotes to ur current lender please feel free to reach out to me.

Gabe Libutti
Branch Manager/Sr LO NMLS ID: 504917
16325 Northcross Drive #C
Huntersville, NC 28078
Tel: 704-450-2518
GLibutti@mcleanmortgage.com
http://www.GabeLibutti.com
Rafael, I prefer the North Raleigh, Wake Forest area, it s a vibrant community that has solid 4.2% average gain in home values each year! Call me to get more info: 919-264-5813.
http://www.michaelknight.info
Rafael, I live in a beautiful town Wake Forest, in a community of executive homes called Heritage. Most are priced 400k and up. I have not officially listed with a broker so you an save about 75K from there inflated prices. Contact me if interested at (fred0804@hotmail.com)
75k??? Really? That's ridiculous. NO realtor makes 75k, off of anything, at REMAX , we list for 3.9% TOTAL! That's all the commissions for a buyers and sellers agent.
Flag Thu Sep 25, 2014
You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. Another option is http://www.ZipSkinny.com.

Chris
Hi Rafael

There are so many aspects to Raleigh that unless you're going to spend a good amount of time on visits down it's going to be a bit overwhelming trying to find the right house. I recommend renting before buying in a new city - I know this isn't ideal and introduces a second move and complexity but it frees your mind from making a forced decision. Once that pressure is off you can move to Raleigh get the lay of the land, if you have kids check out schools and make a positive decision.

My most recent out of town movers came from New York, we had a two whirlwind home viewing sessions over two weekends (they drove the 14 hours on Friday and headed back on Sunday.) They were exhausted but we found a house. They like it now but it was stressful for them and they're still trying to get the schools right.

Hope this helps and if I can be of any assistance please let me know.

By the way - Welcome to Raleigh!

Don
http://buysellhomeraleighnc.com
You're a tru pro Don while looking out for the interest of others. My kind of Broker to work with!
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
Just a suggestion Rafael - might be a good idea to get your mortgage loan pre-approval now so you'll know what you qualify for and have that pre-approval letter in hand. The buyer or listing agent will ask for that upfront. That's where we come in, feel free to call us at 919-906-1373 or visit our website at RaleighDurhamHomeLoan.com.

To directly answer the question and just my opinion - There are great universities, hospitals and schools most everywhere in the Triangle Area, so you just can't go wrong with some guidance. So many nice choices, I would speak to a local buyer's agent and of course we can refer someone as well.

We welcome you to North Carolina next month and if I can help with anything, please reach out.
Alan
First off, let me welcome you to Raleigh! I have lived here with my family since 1993 and love it. As far as best places to live, it depends on what you are looking for in amenities, proximity to work and price range. The "Triangle " has a lot to offer in almost any price range. May I suggest you start by checking out my website as shown below. I have links under the Helpful Information box on the main page to just about every town making up the Triangle, plus links to lots of other information you should find useful. I also have a home search engine that is very similar to the one here on Trulia only that it is linked directly to the local MLS so that all the homes you find are active!!
Please know that if I can offer any personal assistance to you, I can be contacted from my website or using the contact link under my picture.

If I don't hear from you, have a safe and positive move!!

Ernie
Everyone's right it depends on what you're interested in and do you want a lot of space or low maintenance. There's a lot of questions to ask before someone can just recommend a single space. I would love to help you out. Having moved from NYC I can understand the challenges. Most Of my clients are from NJ. Feel free to call me 919-452-9379 or email danderson@advantagecb.com
It completely depends on what you are looking for in your surroundings of your home. The Raleigh area offers such a wide variety of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, etc. Do you want to be near your work? The one great difference between living in NJ and living here in Raleigh is the amount of money that you will save in property taxes, so you can still live a but further out (Wake Forest, Knightdale, Rolesville, Holly Springs, Fuqua Varina) and save quite a bit of money even with a further drive into town.
Typical answer I know but it truly does depend. Depends on what lifestyle you're looking for, size of house, price range, etc. Do you want to be downtown, suburbs, surrounding towns? Do you have a job here that you need to be close to? There are lots of good options, depending on the answers to some of these. I'd be happy to discuss with you so I can give you more direction - please call me tomorrow 9196457212 or e-mail me at chrisg@lindacraft.com.

Chris Gorman
Buyer & Relocation Specialist
Linda Craft & Team Realtors
Rafael,

I'd be happy to show you around the area when you come in April. I was born in Jersey and now call Raleigh my home for more than 30 years. You can reach me at susan.bashford@hodgekittrellSIR.com.

Susan