yolandaprinc…, Home Buyer in Stone Mountain, GA

I live in Georgia and I'm about to buy my first home in about 2 months. How do I apply for the MCC tax credit?

Asked by yolandaprincess, Stone Mountain, GA Tue Jul 16, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

2
Hi Yolanda

A loan officer who has worked with the MCC is your key person. However I am receiving emails from all over the country explaining that many loan officers are explaining to people that the MCC does not exist in their state when in fact it does.
The challenge is to find a loan officer who has worked with the MCC. First task is to gather all of the information you can find than interview a few loan officers. You also should find a loan officer who works with all of the first time home buyer loans. If they don't have experience with any of the loans they will not tell you about the loan that would best serve you.
There a number of articles, such as Consultation Interviewing Loan Officers, on the site Your-Road-Home.com that will serve you. Two on the MCC and number of articles on the various loan types, no money down options etc.
If you read the numbered articles in the right column in order they will walk you through financing, the MCC and finding the best homes.
Trulia is also a good source of information and when you are ready to interview loan officers and real estate agents you will find many from your area on Trulia offering their services.
Best of Luck, Stephen Webber, 34 Years of Real Estate for First Time Home Buyers
Web Reference: http://Your-Road-Home.com
See link for helpful information http://www.nyshcr.org/assets/documents/3295.pdf
Thanks for your reply, Would I be able to use the attached information since it's from New York and I live in Georgia? If yes would I submitt the completed forms to my loan officer?
Flag Tue Jul 16, 2013