Home Buying in Centreville>Question Details

dlnrjm, Home Owner in Centreville, VA

I live in Centreville on a 10 acre horse property, which we are considering selling. Is now a good time?

Asked by dlnrjm, Centreville, VA Mon Jan 21, 2013

Answers

7
Glen Baird’s answer
I can certainly tell you this is one of the best times ever to buy. We are going to see continued appreciation over the next year. I personally would not sell now unless it was part of plan.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 21, 2013
There are a lot of variables that will determine if now is a good time. To discuss in detail and determine the answer give me a call at 703-307-3449 or email me at JohnGinty@kw.com.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties Fairfax
10300 Eaton Place, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
JohnGinty@kw.com
http://www.JohnGintySells.com
My colleagues below have given some wonderful answers. The question I would ask first is Why are you selling? The answer to this can make it a good time or not a good time. In any event I think the answer cannot be found on this forum without a few more questions asked of you.

Should you wish to discuss I am happy to speak with you. A 10 acre piece in Centreville doesn't come on the market too often and positioned properly you could be able to maximize.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf,ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate,Inc
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
Hi Erik, We are just ready to move on. I have lived here for years as a child and 25 years as an adult. Fairfax is just not out chosen area anymore.
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
Your question, at face value, has a simple answer: Yes. However, there are always caveats. How long have you owned the property? Are there liens (ie, mortgages)? Are there special circumstances ( trust, divorce, death, multiple owners, etc )? There are three critical aspects to any real estate transaction: price, condition and location. "Timing" is not usually an important variable but it can be. I've sold property every month of the year in this area because we have a very dynamic demographic with a lot of "churn". The last 6 months of 2012 were a very good time to sell because there was so little inventory ; therefore, very little competition. Spring 2013 portends to be a very active real estate market because prices are climbing, mortgage rates are still very low and there is a pent-up demand. That's a double-edged sword for sellers because along with the good stuff will be a significant increase in competition for buyers dollars. For a more personal and private discussion of your particular situation and goals please give me a call @ 571-278-7251 or visit my website: http://danhillrealtor.com.
Thanks all. This property has been in the family since 1969, I bought it about 7 years ago, and am the sole owner. Yes, there is a mortgage, but not a big one. It is in pretty good shape, and mostly updated, and is located right next to a Park which allows riding
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
Good Morning,

The Market in Norther Virginia has been steadily increasing in the past few years. In a recently released NVAR report; showed an increase of 12% on properties in Northern Virginia from November 2011 to November 2012. Property inventory was at the lowest in 2012 compared to previous years. This along with other statistics shows a very postivie side for sellers. Pricing your property right is very important when you are selling.

Here is all of my contact information, please feel free to call or email me anytime if you have any other questions.

Jorge Costas
Associate Broker Licensed in VA
Classic Realty
Spanish and English Spoken
Military and Relocation Specialist
jorgecostas1@yahoo.com, 571.921.6286 (cell)
Office 703-637-1400
"Agent always on duty"
With interest rates the way they are and the selling season approaching, you would be in a good position to try to sell. Please email or call me at khannacpa@yahoo.com or 703-625-6731 if you need an agent and would like to discuss your situation.
Yes, this spring will be a good one. You must have an agent who understands horse property.
You need to market towards that buyer. You must also keep in mind that the condition will dictate the price. So, make all the repairs and cosmetic updates necessary. You have heard all this. If you need an agent check out at my website, (I have horses.) http://www.RobinShort.com.