Terry Vestal, Home Buyer in Alta Vista P.u.d., A...

I live at 6710 w jackson st. .What dose it take for the county to keep the ditch clean to keep my yard from flooding?

Asked by Terry Vestal, Alta Vista P.u.d., Austin, TX Mon Jul 8, 2013

Every time we have hard rain sent's the county repave the road and raised it up higher than my yard the water run off fills the ditch up because they will not keep it cleaned out and when it gets full because it will not flow like it should.My yard floods to the point that it has caused damage to the foundation of my house and now my floors are uneven and the water lays under my house and has cause me to have termits and now I have damage from them to . I have put in at lest 6 work orders and had the supervisor come and look at the problem and 3 times they have told me they would take care of the problem.This started about 7 years ago and they have not took care of it yet . In the last this has cost me over 50'000.00 dollars in damages .The last time I asked why and what the problem was that they had not fixed it .They said they did not have enough money in the fund to fix it . So what my tax money is being used for is to build ball parks an soccer parks that we still have to pay just.