Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Dez151, Home Buyer in New Jersey

I live and work in NJ and I am thinking about buying a home in Dallas as my primary residence. I rent in NJ.

Asked by Dez151, New Jersey Wed May 6, 2009

I plan to moved to Dallas in about three to six months after I secure a job there but for the time being, my wife will leave inthe house. Would I be approved for a mortgage, if I do not have a job in Dallas yet?

Answers

8
It would be wise to get qualified while you are still on your current job.

Gwen S. Hamilton, Realtor
The Michael Group
phone: 469-438-4389
fax: 972-926-9668
Yes, it really does not matter what city or state you work in.

Gwen S. Hamilton, Realtor
The Michael Group
phone: 469-438-4389
fax: 972-926-9668
It can be difficult to get approved without proof of employment. You may want to try for a short term lease until your job is secure and give you and your wife time to find the the area that will work best for you and your family. The Dallas area has so many great places to live, you have many many choices. Please contact me anytime with questions about your move to Dallas, leasing, purchasing or just general questions on the area. I have lived here for over 30 years and I am happy to be a resource for you. My family is from NY and several have moved to the area so I know what it is like. Have a great afternoon!
You are going to have to prove up current employment via pay stubs covering the most recent 30 days with YTD earnings. Also, the lender will make a verbal verification of employment on you before your loan file is fully approved. If you are keeping employment with your current employer here in Dallas, then a transfer letter will be required now to make certain you in fact will be gainfully employed when you get here. If you are getting new employment in Dallas, not with your current company, then you will be required to provide a letter of agreement to be employed and it must show; position held, start date, annual salary, supervisor or HR signature and contact information, and you will have to provide at least one pay stub if not 2 most recent.

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions please call or drop me an email. The mortgage requirements today are much more restrictive than in the past. You need to be in touch with someone who can get your loan done.

Mick M. Mackey
Mortgage Banker
Guardian Mortgage Texas
Network Funding, LP
12850 Spurling Road
Suite 119
Dallas, Texas 75230

Direct: 972.489.0203
Office: 972.392.9600
Mick@Guardian Mortgage Texas
http://www.GuardianMortgageTexas.com
I would refer you to an excellent lender who could move the process along...but, I from my experience it would not be an issue if you had current employment. Would love to assist you with your home search here in Dallas.
We love new people coming to our state and moving to the North Dallas area. I see that you have already got some great advice from my realtor associate. If you would like to go to my website at http://www.thedeberryteam.com You can see information about the homes in the area and tesmonials from many of my past clients. There is also mortgage information there as well. Just let me know if I may be of help.

Roxanne DeBerry
Dez,

Welcome to Texas. It is possible, but will depend on many things. What your income is, what your debts are, perhaps if you plan to change industries, etc. It may also depend on what kind of profession you have. Best thing to do is check with a Texas mortgage lender. Just let me know if you need a referral to a good one. The other option is also to allow you wife to rent until you find a job. That way you don't buy in the wrong part of the city. If you end up working in Fort Worth, you might not want a house in Rockwall. If you work in McKinney you may not want a house in Mansfield, etc.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Let me be the first to welcome you to Dallas. I can direct you to a lender who can answer your questions about being able to buy a home without a job in Dallas as well as price range you can afford. There are many factors that play into these answers. In the mean time I can help you start looking at homes in the Dallas area. You can either go to my website, listed below, to search by area, price and housing type or I can set up a home search based on your specific criteria and the properties will be emailed to you. Let me know how I can best assist you in this move..

MaryBeth Harrison
The Harrison Group
214-365-6500 office
866-433-5678 toll free
214-535-8377 cell
mbh@dallasnative.com
Web Reference: http://www.dallasnative.com