Home Buying in Costa Mesa>Question Details

shirleysieng, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

I like to buy a house in Costa Mesa or nearby city. Would you kindly tell me which area is great, ok or bad please? Thank You!

Asked by shirleysieng, Naples, FL Fri Apr 27, 2012

Answers

13
Hi Shirley,
I've been a Costa Mesa Realtor for a long time, and I wrote a good neighborhood information page on all the Costa Mesa neighborhoods on my website:

http://costamesarealestate.com/neighborhoods/

Let me know if you need more help!!

Colin
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 30, 2012
You have the info I was looking for. Thank you so very much for the link!
Flag Mon Apr 30, 2012
Costa Mesa has many super locations and large price range in single family homes from $500,000 to $1 mill. Different areas include:

1.North Costa Mesa Area located near South Coast Plaza Shopping Center, Mesa Verde Golf Course, and the 405 Freeway. Price ranges on homes from $500,000 to $1mill.
2. Middle Costa Mesa Area located near Orange Coast College, Orange County Fair Grounds, Costa Mesa Golf Course, Fairview Park, Santa Ana Golf Course, and 55 Freeway. Price ranges on homes from $500,000 to $800,000.
3. South Costa Mesa Area located near Newport Beach and closer to Pacific Ocean. Price ranges on homes from $500,000 to $800,000.

The surrounding areas are also terrific- Huntington Beach (Surf City), Newport Beach, Irvine (Great Schools), Santa Ana- ALL have wonderful neighborhoods as well.

MOST IMPORTANT is to fully know your Budget for your home, including being APPROVED by a Known Lender who has reviewed ALL your current credit history and credit scores.

I have been a REALTOR / BROKER for 33 years and I am ready to serve your buying needs NOW. Please call me 714-335-6623 or email suzanne.hall.broker.realtor@gmail.com Thank you Suzanne Hall
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 27, 2012
Very detailed information. Thanks for the post.
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the info! The explanation of the areas is helpful.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hello Shirley... By now, you may have made the move, but for future reference you might find this website helpful; http://spotcrime.com. I have clients that found it helpful when they were looking for a home to buy in areas they were not familiar with. There is crime in every city, but looking for the volume and types of crime might be helpful to you, in addition to the other suggestions that have been made. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Darlene
Hi Shirley,

I would check with the city. They probably have a neighborhood watch that lists all the recent crimes and the areas in which they occurred. If you track that for a while you can get a pretty good idea.

Also call the Costa Mesa police department and see if they can steer you in the right direction.

One clue, if a house in the neighborhood has bars on the windows or mean looking dogs, don't consider it.

Consider renting in the neighborhood first before buying. Or at least meet the neighbors and see if they are nice.
Hey Shirley,

Are you still looking to buy a house in Costa Mesa? If so i can help you out with financing and get you approved for a loan in less then 2 days. I work for a Direct Mortgage Lender and would love to get you into you the home you want.

Give me a call when you get a chance.

Jovan Simon
Account Manager
In House Lender
714-619-3172
Davis Place are is great.
What is your price range? It depends on your price. There are many good places in Orange County near Costa Mesa. Newport Beach is more expensive then Costa Mesa but they border each other and Costa Mesa you get more for your money. There is Santa Ana that has some bad areas but also some ok areas and is cheaper. Me or my partner would love to show you some houses in your price range, in those areas if interested. You can reach me at 714-721-9889 or email me at melissa@silverliningrealty.com.
Look forward to speaking with you.
Melissa
As a Realot we can not do certain things that may be construde as blackbusting or steering and telling you one area is better than another could be just that. Going further what you may think is bad another person my think is good so it is best to decide on an area by driving around it at different times of the day, asking neighbors about the area and searching the internet for stats.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
DRE 01405146
Hi Shirley,

Like mentioned in the comments below, you need to decide what neighborhoods you prefer. You can also look in the Huntington Beach area as well.

Feel free to go to my website and do a home search and if you need additional info do not hesitate to call or email me.

http://www.SoCalRealEstateinfo.com

Make it a great day and good luck.
Hi Shirley,

Depending on your needs and your price range, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Newport Beach etc., are wonderful communities! (I have lived and worked in these areas since 1991)

Areas in Costa Mesa include:
- Mesa Verde
- Mesa North
- East Side Costa Mesa
- West Costa Mesa
- South Coast Metro and
-College Park.

Shoot me an email or give me a call and I can give you descriptions and features of each area. Also if you prefer you can google to find more information.

Also here are a few sites that might help you learn more about Costa Mesa and nearby cities:

1.) Up to date crime reports at http://www.crimereports.com/#
Just enter the city name or zip code to see crime activity ( assault, burglary, robbery etc.)

2.)Toxic sites in Orange County as listed by the OC register:
http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/files/2010/07/toxictracts.jpg

3.) If you need school information and rankings try Great Schools: http://www.greatschools.org/

Once you narrow down an area or price range, you can give me a call and we can discuss what homes are on the market, trends, and schedule what you would like to see when you are in town.

Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. Hope this has been helpful!

Louri Groves
Prudential California Realty
Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I have responded to your email. Please feel free to call, text, or email me if you have any questions. I have an out of state buyer looking for his son too (but in another area). His son is so cool! I will be so happy when I find his kid a great home! We'll help your son find a wonderful home too.... where he can thrive, enjoy Southern California and focus on his studies!
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the info! We have 2 restaurants and one of them is across from a hotel. We have many out of town customers. One of them told me about the South Coast Metro. And the other one told me that the East Side Costa Mesa is better than the West Side. Thank You!!
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hi Shirley

What I would do is drive the area with you and we would talk about these neighborhoods. About what you like and dislike to start in your search for a home. Contact me to discuss some of the things you are interested in
Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Hi Shirley,
Costa Mesa has many great neighborhoods, it all depends on what you are looking for? Do you want to be able to walk to restaurants and grocery stores? Are walking/hiking trails important to you? Do you want to be close to a golf course?

Email me your specifics and I would be happy to give you more information about Costa Mesa and neighborhoods that you might like.

Warm Regards,

Sheri
Torelli Realty, Costa Mesa, CA

sheri4ocrealestate@yahoo.com
It is illegal to say bad thing about neighborhoods. For example as you pay more money you end up going to better neighborhoods. For a single family resident prices go from $350K to a $850K and more .

If I can be further assistance please give me a call at 714-335-7155
I live in Omaha, NE and I learned the hard way. My sister got shoot and paralyzed after 4 short months of buying a gas station. Now I stay away from the “North Omaha”.
Are these equal?
2136 President Pl $350k
Is this better than the above? 1833 Peninsula Pl $499k
2020 santa ana ave zip 92627 – are the house in this zip are better than the 1st two?
86 sequoia tree ln Irvine - Is this better than 1833 Peninsula?
Thank you very much everyone for replying!
p.s. I like to send my son to occ or ivc this fall I hope. This house is for him to live. I hope he can make some money from renting the rooms out.
Thanks!!!
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012