Home Buying in Staten Island>Question Details

Lori, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

I like 766 Rathbun St but the price seems high. Can anyone point me to another website that is not realtor run to supply some comps online to review?

Asked by Lori, Staten Island, NY Mon Sep 16, 2013

Answers

6
Phillip’s answer
Other similar homes on the market u can simply see on SIBOR for less money. Some need work others not as much. U have to remember U are not buying the sellers furniture and decorations. U can always dress up a lower priced property to your taste. If u don't like the simple amenities like color, paint, wall paper, carpet, wood floor, or appliances u can update them relatively cheap compared to major renovations. Sometimes just the usual move in spruce up expenses that everyone spendsa when they buy a new home can make a beast look like a beauty. U have to have vision. Generally every buyer spends between 3K to 7K on move in decor. No home is exactly as u would like it to be. Think the big picture how the property will look after basic move in changes, then see how these homes compare to asking price of this home. Many of the lower priced properties can look this good or better at a cost much lower.
Hi Lori, I can assign you listingbook website which is practically attached to the MLS, on this website everything is accurate, you can find there actives, contracts and sold properties. Call me if you would like to have that, it doesnt cost you anything.

Bella Grossman
Licensed Real Estate Associate
SI Dream House Real Estate
Office: 718.980.2100
Cell: 917.804.6638
BellaG6@aol.com
http://www.searchsihomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
You should try http://www.siborrealtors.com. This website linked to our MLS system and can provide you a credible info.
However, if you need to find out the fair market value of the property, you should request your Realtor to create you a CMA report.
I can do it for you for free, if you wish.
Please contact me at 917-478-0260.
Thanks and good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Keep in mind that the most accurate comps will come from an agent; as a buyer the representation is free--the seller pays commission out of the proceeds of the sale; if two agents are involved in the transaction the fee is shared--unless you have a separate agreement with your agent to pay above what the seller is already offering, in that case you would be responsible for the difference.
Hi Lori,
To be honest with you every website gets there info from REALTOR's. So why not work with a REALTOR and get one to work for your best interest, by suggesting offering price or offering you comps on recent sales. I'm 1 of 20 ABR's ( Accredited Buyers Representative ) on Staten Island who hold this National designation. I would love to sit down and talk to you about all the perks of working with one. Please give me a call or visit my website.

Hector Mesa ABR, GRI, GREEN, SFR, CNE
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Robert Defalco Realty
SIBOR Top Producer
Cell:(718) 801-3005
Fax:(720)-625-6101
http://www.StatenIsland4Homes.com
Why don't you work with a realtor? Call me at 718 619 5701 & I wd be happy to help you....