Judy, Home Buyer in Little Egg Harbor, NJ

I know mosquitoes exist EVERYWHERE, but I was told specifically that in Little Egg Harbor it's much worse b/c of the marshland. True?

Asked by Judy, Little Egg Harbor, NJ Sat Oct 31, 2009

Answers

4
I have summered on a lagoon front and back property for the past 40 years and the bugs are less and less each year . I would put on repellant prior to running and no issues even when sweating in the sun. The monarch butterfies in September are stunningly beautifull. The green flies seem to be only in undeveloped areas and the marshes heading out to the bay, not near the house
Sheryl K, Ship drive
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 25, 2012
I don't find the mosquitoes in southern Ocean County (Little Egg Harbor, Tuckerton, Manahawkin, Barnegat and Waretown) to be any worse than other places I've lived in New Jersey.

Here's a link to the Ocean County Mosquito Commission. You can get more information here and also contact information for further investigation.
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/oceprof.htm

Just for comparison purposes, I grew up next to the Great Swamp Wildlife Refuge in north Jersey...now those are mosquitoes!

I sure hope this info is helpful. If you'd like more information on Little Egg Harbor, feel free to contact me.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Shore
609-384-6121
Laura@JerseyShoreViews.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 31, 2009
I live on the water in Bayville and know the area with over 28+ Years of Full Time Experience. Agents from Barnegat south will say that mosquitoes and flys exist everywhere. When they tell you that ask them why their are no black boxes to control the problem north of Barnegat. Your honest Realtor. give me a call on my cell.

Re/max Elite
Frank Gilligan
Office 732-870-6300
Please call my cell 732-539-8668
444 Ocean Boulevard North
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Licensed salesperson, NJ
Over 28+ Years of Full Time Experience
Good answer Laura, I am always proud to be associated with agents that direct the consumer in the best direction to optain educated answerrs to questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009