Justin,  in Los Angeles, CA

I just took a Trulia Survey; it should have asked questions like where can we improve? Simple - remind realtors to take off old listings, agree?

Asked by Justin, Los Angeles, CA Thu Feb 23, 2012

Answers

8
Not totally sure about old posts. I often relate back to old posts for info on related topics. Personally the more fodder the better. It only boosts SEO.
Dear Justin,
Yes Old listings should be removed as well as old posts!
Justin, I totally agree. Trulia is a great site with lots of great info but it does need to do a better job at monitoring much of the information that goes out to what really makes Trulia thrive............YOU! Thanks for the H/U.
I have spent the past week on the phone with Realtor.com over mistakes they have made. There is a huge misconception that we agents control these internet sites when in fact we have nothing to do with it. These sites extract our data from our database that exists between real estate agents of which we pay fees and they use it as they see fit. They are not always correct in "locations" or "current states". It is a reminder that the internet sites are just a guide and that for accurate and up to date information, a buyer should be working with a competent agent.
Web Reference: http://www.patrollie.com
Don't blame the Realtor for "not taking listings down", just like Realtor.com & the other thousands of websites out there that take data directly from the MLS, Trulia (I love you) but, it's Trulia's system that needs to recognize when a home is no longer Active or in Back up status or as Trulia calls it "Active Contingent".

Consumers are asking questions about homes that come up on Trulia, but many times it says right there above the property picture that the home is "off market" & not "for sale". So, there are some technical issues here.

I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
I agree, I always make sure to change our status on our listings so they show correctly. Also remember, on sites like trulia, zillow, realtor.com, etc-the listings are syndicated from the mls's directly and there can be an up to 24 hour delay to show correctly on these sites once agents update the status of the listings.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
AGREE! Nothing worse than telling a client that's searching for a place the agent was too lazy to take it down.
Definitely agree. At least half of the requests we get to see properties are for ones no longer for sale.