Home Buying in Grants Park>Question Details

Margarite8, Home Buyer in Grants Park, Atlanta,...

I just submitted an offer on a townhome in the Enclave at Grant Park. What do you think about the community?

Asked by Margarite8, Grants Park, Atlanta, GA Tue Jul 28, 2009

I just submitted an offer on a townhome in the Enclave at Grant Park. What do you think about the community? What do you think about the resale value in the area?

Answers

5
Why in God's name are you asking this AFTER submitting an offer?

Hank
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 28, 2009
I know this response is coming a very long time after the initial question, but I had to comment. I love the Enclave at Grant Park. I previously worked for builder and actually trained at this community when it was initially being sold. Homes are spacious, well-constructed and in a great location. The major problem I see with the community is parking can be a bit tight, especially if you have guests. Even with that problem, this is a community where I would personally purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
As a broker and and a homeowner in the area ,I love Grant Park. I am not so sure about a townhome in the area as there are so many Great homes wiht much more upside.

See other properties at LifeChangeLending.Com
Hank is always on point, Mike.

Maragarite8 - you are probably paying too much for that townhome, but if you were buying a single family home, then I would state that values are stabilizing "in the area."

As for your townhome, my first of nearly 500 answers on the Trulia Voices Q&A forum was on December 17, 2007 and it was about a Grant Park townhome - check out the web reference.

If you click around, you'll see more of that seller's sad saga in other questions that continued into 2009! Unsold for 2 years...

Townhomes, lofts and condos are a lifestyle choice - not a real estate investment.

As long as you are OK with the lifestyle choice, I'm sure that you'll like Enclave. Grant Park is cool. The charter schools nearby are a nice value add.

Just hold on to the property for at least a DECADE...
Good call Hank! If a buyer is actually planning on living in a neighborhood, they had better be sure that it where they want to live.
Web Reference: http://maxsell.net