Home Buying in Brockport>Question Details

Alexandra, Home Buyer in Brockport, NY

I just separated from the Marine Corps, how soon can I use my VA loan?

Asked by Alexandra, Brockport, NY Mon Jan 14, 2013

looking for 5 bedrooms as I will have family moving in with me. But as a young person I am looking for a decent price range that I can afford.

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3081739860-5777-W-Ridge-Rd-Br…

I too thank you for Serving.

It might be fruitless to concentrate on a local lender, since many loans are sold to 3 parties.

I would recommend checking with the Navy Federal Credit Union, (they cover all four services).

Good luck and may God bless
FIrst of all thank you for your Service and Dedication to protect our Country.

As for your question, I highly recommend using local lenders in the Rochester NY area myself who do VA loans. This way you always have a local face and office to talk to. I do work with several local lenders who I know will take great care of you, but more importantly I know they will give you honest local lending advice. Sometimes VA loans benefit the buyer will little or now money down. But please look at all your options.

Second it looks like you were looking at a home on West Ridge Road with 5BR and 2.5 ba. You need to get pre-approved asap, as this is the best way to prove to sellers that you are a serious buyer who can afford the home. I can refer you to a lender locally unless you want to just go to your bank you normally use. There is no commitment to obtain the mortgage through them. You should look for good low interest rates. Smaller mortgage brokerages are is sometimes better than banks.
As you can see there are many things that need to happen just to start you along the home buying process. Being an experienced Certified Buyer Representative, I can walk you through all the intricacies of the home buying process. Without knowing more about your situation it would be hard to guide you without a few questions. There are many home possibilities out there to meet you and your families needs.
I would be glad to answer any other questions you may have. Just give me a call/text at 585-236-7780 or email me at BradNewton@remax.net. You can also find more information at http://www.Brad-Newton.com. I hope this has answered your question and look forward to helping you in the near future.

Brad Newton
Certified Buyer Representative
RE/MAX Custom
Give me a call at 973 979 4100 or 800 315 8803, we do VA loans nationwide. I would be happy to walk you through the process.