Al'swife, Home Buyer in 34102

I just returned from Naples and looked at a couple of condos near the beach that I like but they do not except small pets.

Asked by Al'swife, 34102 Thu Dec 9, 2010

Do you know of any condo's near Lowdermilk that would accept pets. I thought the market was tights. Should owner's review this would condo boards.

Answers

13
Alma Rose Kee PA’s answer
Hi Al's Wife,

It's a complicated process to get condo owners to amend their governing documents to allow pets or rentals. Especially with owners that are probably not animal lovers if they purchased in that complex.

I would recommend that you rent for the first year if you are relocating to the area. Ideally rent in the complex you expect to buy in to get a real feel.

Hope this helps.
Alma
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
Not al communities accept pets and those that do have size and breed restrictions. Your REALTOR should be able to point this out for you. From past experience it is not the easiest process having amenities changed by the board; it's generally what you have in the docs is what you can or cannot do or have. My suggestion, move on to another building.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 21, 2011
There are great answers below!

I would like to invite you to check out my web site if you are searching for a home in Naples: http://www.napleshomes.com

We have approximately 39 CONDO associations that allow pets. It is best that you have this information before going into a contact. It is not very likely that an association will change the rules after you have purchased.

I will be pleased to help, please contact me by clicking on my image.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you.
If still interested, there still are condos near Lowdermilk that accept pets.
Beside this we have a large list of Properties and house near Fort Myers Beach.

You can see here and can narrow your search easily according to the price, size and area. http://naplesmlsearch.com
You can also call me or email me so that I can send you an updated list with all for you to review.
Best regards
Dorene Clark, Realtor
Direct: 305-707-4393
Email: dorenec@comcast.net
http://naplesmlsearch.com
Hi Al's wife
If still interested, there still are condos near Lowdermilk that accept pets. Feel free to call or email me and I can send you a link with all for you to review.
Best regards
Nancy Jaynes, Realtor
Direct: 239-821-3789
Email: NEJaynes@hotmail.com
Web Reference: http://NancyNaplesHomes.com
We have the ability as Realtors to search for pet friendly communities. Contact us for help with that custom search. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
You would need to get the majority of the owners in a condominium association to agree to change their rules in order to have pets in a not pet property. Some people buy in pet free condominiums because they don't want pets around. Changes are extremely slim that anyone can get pet rules changed changed in any condominium association.

Beverly Howe, CIPS, ABR, GRI, TRC
Florida Buyer Broker
Owner – Exclusive Buyer Broker
1031 Exchange Specialist
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Cell phone: 239-269-2766
We have a condo in Estero and owners can have small pets, but not tenants. I agree with the suggestion that you get your agent to work identifying communities that will welcome your entire famly, inlcuding the furry members ;-)

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
The majority of condominiums will not allow a tenant to have a pet, even though owners may have pets. Renting before you buy is going to cost you time and money. If you have puppies and they bark all the time it's best for you to find a single family home where you won't risk having to resell the property because other owners will complain about barking dogs.

“The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

There is no extra/hidden cost for you to obtain my Exclusive Buyer Broker services, other firms may have fees. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can negotiate for the lowest price and best terms for the buyer. When you work with an Exclusive Buyer Broker, the brokerage firm does not list any homes, there is never a conflict of interest in your transaction. The State of Florida assumes that all buyers know all agents are transactions brokers who do not represent anyone one in the transaction and that the agents have very limited if any liability in the transaction. Unless, an agent or broker tells you they will represent you exclusively the agent is not required to disclose to you that they are a transaction agent or broker.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make
21 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make
20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales
Short Sale Fraud
Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate
Unrealistic Buyer Expectations
Buyer Beware
Chinese Drywall which could have been used in renovated properties.
Link to the REALTOR® data base system for Naples

I am well versed in both the Naples Board of REALTORS® contract and the Florida Association of REALTORS® contract.

I am licensed to sell real estate in Southwest Florida since 1981. That’s 31 years! I have worked as a buyer’s agent since 1993 and opened my own exclusive buyer broker firm in 1998.

When you are getting ready to make one of the most significant investments of your life, ask Beverly Howe first!

Beverly Howe, CIPS, ABR, GRI, TRC
Florida Buyer Broker
Owner – Exclusive Buyer Broker
1031 Exchange Specialist
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Cell phone: 239-269-2766
Hi Al's wife
I see there are currently about 32 condos that are near Lowdermilk that may accept pets (limits and/or approval may be required based on condo rules). It may be difficult to change a regulation like pets. But as there are ones that do allow them, please feel free to contact me with your email and I can send along these listings to you for your review. And I can set you up with a free service to track these and can continue to identify and automatically send listings directly to you when any other condos that meet your specific needs come on the market. I look forward to working together and adding you to my long list of happy customers.

Best regards
Nancy

Nancy E Jaynes, REALTOR(r) "I Find What You're Looking For"
Multi-Award Winning Top Producer
Premiere Plus Realty Co, 370 12th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Email: NEJaynes@hotmail.com
Tele: 239-821-3789
Awarded "5-Star Best in Client Satisfaction" by independent consumer survey
"Best Agent" 2009, 2010, 2011 published in Gulfshore Life
Presidents Award "Top 4% Sales Internationally" Coldwell Banker 2011
Glowing Customer Testimonials are my Best Reward
90% Referral Business - Thank you for Sharing my Name!
Condo rules and regulations vary from community to community, however it's generally typical that pets of a domestic variety are accepted with approval or under a certain maximum weight. An agent will be able to check the pet policy in advance, and in addition, the buyer will have an opportunity to review the condo documents to determine if there are any rules, regulations, or restrictions they may find onerous.

I would be happy to help you further. Please call me at 239-248-6393.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 24, 2010
I think Alma has a good suggestion - I've got a place in Estero - very nice, not on the water but a super golf course community. Owners are allowed to have small pets, but not renters, go figure, even if the landlord is ok with it. So do your research and only consider communities that welcome your furry family member.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010