Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

goalkeeperqu…, Other/Just Looking in Dallas, TX

I just moved to Dallas and I'm considering switching careers to go into real estate. Where do I start?

Asked by goalkeeperqueen, Dallas, TX Tue Jul 22, 2014

I feel very overwhelmed with the career options ahead of me and I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has really dug their heels into this business and has a passion for it to kind of guide me through the real operations of this industry.

One quick question...Having just moved to this city 4 weeks ago, my network is very limited. Would it be in my best interest to begin walking down the reality path now or after I have already started expanding my network?

Answers

7
Give me a call and we can meet for coffee somewhere and Ill answer all of your questions and give you some tips :)

214-714-3137

Jelena
I am not from that area, however, the best way to get started is to take the licensing course. Once you have obtained your license, there are many ways to generate leads if you don't know people in the area. For Sale By Owner FSBO's, are great leads because we already know they want to sell their home. Also expired listings. Some agents are so busy that they let their listings expire and don't renew the contract. Calling these people and offering to assist them is a great opportunity.
Best of luck to you!
Hi! I know of a great online course that's inexpensive. I'm hiring agents and provide leads....so don't worry about not having many connections locally. I will keep you very busy with leads. Please contact me for further information. Look forward to speaking with you!
I recommend visiting Champions School of Real Estate
Talk with as many Brokers as you can. Save money and be prepared to work hard.
GK in Dallas,
The place to begin is with your feet solidly on reality. You have done so in your last sentence.

No, no, nobody is going to guide you through the real operations of this industry. Any other expectation, if you choose to listen to the sweet words whispered by others, you find you solid stance in reality being less sustainable.

Here is where you need to start. With self analysis.
Read my blogs titled, "7 Things I wish I Knew Before Starting Real Estate." They are right here on Trulia. These blogs are where the rubber meets the road. If you haven't the conviction to pursue the one and only question you need to ask, you are destined to become one of the 95%

The answer to your question is, "You must start exactly where you are." Do the homework detailed in the blogs. Success will then depend on your fidelity to yourself.
The first blog is dated Feb 10, 2014
Flag Tue Jul 22, 2014
I am happy to introduce you to my brokerage. Check out my profile and give me a call if you have questions.

Norman Seymore