Home Buying in Oakland>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in Oakland, CA

I just looked at the new Jade Town-homes at the Monte Vista Villas in Oakland. They looked nice. Are there any comparable 4 bed townhomes in the area?

Asked by Lisa, Oakland, CA Mon Jun 7, 2010

Answers

5
Hi Lisa... the Jade phase at Monte Vista Villas are brand new construction & not completed yet... the best comps for you to compare to would be the most recent sales at the Jade phase... (the units below the Jade section are all resales not new construction... using sold comps from these units would not be considered good comps...)...you would be best served to ask the sales office for proof of their most recent sales at Jade.

In reference to Yark's comment on 10.30.10... even though the sales office is suggesting all units are priced at $485K... its a way to get your interest...they're actually referring to the units that are completed not necessarily for future yet-to-be-built units (keep in mind we're not in a hot hot market... sales are not as agressive... builders have to sell their inventory in phases before they commit to adding more inventory for sale) there are certain nuances involved as in any every transaction which the normal everyday consumer potential buyer may not be aware of when pricing is quoted by a sales office... please make note... ITS ALWAYS BEST TO HAVE YOUR OWN REALTOR to represent you... for new and/or resale properties...
Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss this further...

Hope you both found this helpful...
Isi
925.997.2426
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 13, 2010
I just looked at these today and they are all priced at 485,000. They say that the developer is accepting offers. How does that work on four layouts with varying dimensions?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 30, 2010
Hello Lisa,

There are currently 9 homes availabe in that area similar to this one. If you like, I can send you a list. Good luck.

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
Hi Lisa,
Monte Vista is probably your best bet in Oakland for larger townhomes. Downtown units are not quite as large. You can't beat the price either, $324k for a 4/3 ain't bad. HOAs are only $257. And of course they are new-ish, come with garages and all the modern conveniences. Feel free to em if you'd like to see the two that are currently on the market. Even if you buy at Jade, I really recommend that you have an agent. You'll save lots of money, believe me. They don't like to tell you that.
Hi Lisa,

I have helped clients get into those in the past. I just spoke with one and he still loves it. I did an MLS search for you and there really isn't anything under 450k that even comes close. I have worked with the HOA there and have a good relationship with them if you need any information. I would definitely look at one of the resale properties as well. I found that there is a large price discrepancy between the new models and the homes that are a few years old. If you would like to speak with my client that lives there contact me and I will set it up. Have a great day.

Eric Soderlund
925337-1897