eduwear, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

I inquried about this property to view asap, I was told that its pending. (by realty agent) 1) Usual days for pending?

Asked by eduwear, Detroit, MI Fri Nov 25, 2011

2) Why is it still listed as for sale
3320 spinnaker Ln. #17F Detroit / Keller Williams Realty

Answers

8
Follow the advice of your Realtor, which is what they are paid to do, advise you how to purchase the home you want. If you do not have one that is where to start, find one. Most of the mistakes I have made is rooted in not listening to the advice of those I trust.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 29, 2011

This is Haig. I called and talked to the Listing Agent, and was told that all the properties are Pending.

I am in a meeting right now and will call you later.

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
haig@eliasrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 29, 2011
eduwear,

To answer you question about why is this still listed for sale. You have to remember this is a public web site. The information on it does not update as often as the MLS websites that realtors belong to and pay for. The information on the public web sites like Trulia, Zillow, Realty Trac, are only as good as the person who inputs the information. Some info does get pulled from sites like Realtor.com but if you want accurate information get with a realtor to send you updates. We do use a site called Listing Book that is for public use and is linked to the same sites we use which are Mi Real Source or RealComp. Also most agents website also have current data.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 29, 2011
Hello again,

I forgot to mention that there are currently four (4) other units for sale in that complex. They are not foreclosures like the unit you inquired about but the prices are similar.

The units currently on the market now are all Short Sales. So if you do have any interest in that complex, it is still possible to purchase one. The Short Sale process will most likely take longer than buying a foreclosure, but it could still be worthwhile.

If you do have any interest in seeing those units, give me a call and we could obviously see them all in one stop.

Thanks again,

HAIG

Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 25, 2011
There are no AVERAGE for PENDING; it will take, as long at it takes to go through Escrow. After PENDING, the next status is SOLD>

It is still listed for sale because it could fall through and be ACTIVE again.

Suggest you contact a Realtor, such as Maureen, to find your drean house.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 25, 2011

The agent that told you that is correct. That property is a foreclosure and is now Pending. It has an accepted offer and should be closing very soon. Until it closes, there is always a possibility that it will come back to market so keep an eye on it or I can set up a search that will notify you if it does return to market.

We can always set up an automated search for any other units in that complex if you like, that way you will be aware of any other units that come up for sale in that complex.

Feel free to call or email me with an questions or if you want me to set that search up for you.

Thanks again,

HAIG

Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 25, 2011
Hi Eduwear,

Do you have your own buyer's agent? There is a few day lag from the time homes are listed in Realcomp (the multilisting service) and when they hit Trulia. If you are looking at homes that will appeal to many buyers, you will likely miss the opportunity if you are using Trulia as your sole means of getting information.

A local agent who specializes in Detroit can send you listings as they come out so that you can see them as soon as they become available.

Good luck with your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 25, 2011
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
If you are looking on sites other than the actual MLS, the earlier statements are correct. Some of the public search engines are not updated as quickly MLS. You always need to call your realtor to see check the status of thatt property.

Joanne LaFleur Broker/Associate
Jones & Company Realty
(239) 634-o982
JLAFLEUR1234@yahoo.com