kim, Home Buyer in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have 20% to put down. My credit rating is back up over 700. My bankruptcy does not clear until Mid June.

Asked by kim, Cuyahoga Falls, OH Thu Jan 24, 2013

I don't want to wait the 2 years until it clears. Is there anything I can do to get a house now?

Answers

6
Call Me! I can and will help you!!
Thank you but how do I find a broker like this? I also need a realtor, the person I had in mind does not seem interested in helping me.
I would speak to a mortgage broker that works with many different banks. A loan is possible depending on the income you show the mortgage broker over the past 2 years. If your income has decreased; you will not qualify.
What type of personal Bankruptcy action? Chapter 7 or 13? If Ch 7, you will have to wait 24 mos from discharge date to secure a FHA mortgage. Depending on the reason for the filing, you may need to wait 48 months for a conventional loan, and avoid the PMI. If you have a Ch 13, you can finance thru FHA right away.
My name is Dave Wills, Loan Originator with Wright Patt Credit Union, Inc. Dayton, OH but originally from Northfield, Ohio area! Dwills@wpcu.coop
In addition to what Steve mentioned, you could also look into a land contract. If you do not have an agvent alreasy, I would be more than happy to assist you.
I had planned on an agent to work with. He did not suggest a land contract. Yes, I am interested in speaking with you. My name is Kim Duncan 330-668-6555. Thank You
Flag Fri Jan 25, 2013
I would recommend talking to some small local banks that "hold their own paper" as opposed to selling all mortgages on the secondary market. This gives them more flexibility to consider bending the rules for a deal that makes sense. I would start with North Akron Savings, Valley Savings Bank, Portage Community Bank- and even consider looking into a credit union as they may have additional options for you.
Thank you Steve!
Flag Wed Apr 17, 2013