Nimesh, Home Buyer in Barcelona

I have the option to buy a two bedroom plus den condo in Miami, with identfical views to the water. The one

Asked by Nimesh, Barcelona Tue Aug 19, 2008

condo is on the 15th floor and the second is on the 40th floor. The price difference is approximately 50K. Which one is the better investment?

Answers

6
Nimesh, can you tell me how many floors total in the building there are? I would keep in mind that many people do not like to be on an extremely high floor and it might make a resale more difficult. But if you really like the unit on the 40th floor more, then try to get it for less than 50kl What building is your unit in? Are you aware that many condo buildings have huge financial difficulties and that it is critical to buy into the right building.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2008
Nimesh,

The view would probably be better on the 40th floor. However, if the power goes out, thats a lot of stairs to climb to get to your home. You wuold want to know if there is a backup generator for the bulding.

Nadine Mauro
Regency Realty Services
561-414-0864
http://www.FloridaHouseSeller.ListingBook.com
NadineMauroRE@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 30, 2009
I have a similar unit on the 47th floor in 50 biscayne. The building is doing very well and I'd love to discuss my unit before you make a buying decision. You can see details below.
That depends. Many people are afraid of heights while others demand to live amongst the clouds. I'd say that the 15th floor may have more potential buyers; assuming that the price is far better.
Buy both and rent one or the other. Think of it as averaging your investments.
Nimesh,
With everything else equal....the one with the lower price should represent the best opportunity.

However, we have seen situations similar to this one in which the higher priced unit was actually the best deal because the sellers were willing to accept less money based on being compared to the lower priced unit.

Your negotiations may play a big part in determining the opportunity that will make you happiest.

The "Eckler Team"