Home Buying in Hayes Valley>Question Details

Christopher, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

I have the opportunity to purchase a triplex on Waller, near Fillmore Street. The tenant in the top unit is

Asked by Christopher, San Francisco, CA Tue Apr 8, 2008

protected. from a valuation perspective, how much less would this building be worth than a comparable building with a vacant top unit - let's assume the protected tenant was on the bottom unit, per say. I ask because I cannot find any comps with protected tenants living in the top unit and I'm concerned about over paying and resale value

Help the community by answering this question:


Jed Lane’s answer
You should contact Jeff Woo or have you realtor do it. He is an attorney thatworks with many of us on these issues. One way to approach the valuation is to find out how much it would cost to do a buy out of the tenent. Short of that ask yourself what it's worth to you to take on the issue. Put a dollar figure on it.
$50K $100K what would it be worth to you and what do you think it would be worth to you as a seller now and in the future to take on this problem.
Look for hope iin the next supervisorial elections, maybe we can change some of the se local laws. Also look at Proposition 98 which will do away with rent control as an unlawful taking of personal property by the goverenment.
Web Reference: http://www.jedlane.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer