Home Buying in Mountain Home>Question Details

Randall Woods, Home Buyer in Wilm, Wilmington, NC

I have someone who wants to buy my home. It is not on the market with a realtor but we have agreed to sell.

Asked by Randall Woods, Wilm, Wilmington, NC Fri Nov 9, 2012

Can I get a blank sellers form from an attorney or someone and just fill in the blanks so I can get some earnest money to buy my next home?

Help the community by answering this question:


I highly recommend you hire an attorney to handle the legal documents.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2012

I would definitely consult a real estate attorney. You'll definitely want to get all the specifics including how the earnest money is to be handled in writing.

Now, I'm not so sure I agree with Ed's comment below, you may save some, it would depend on how many revisions your attorney has to make and whether or not the buyer chooses to have an attorney review the contracts yours generates (if you're a buyer I would absolutely advise this). You'll want to sort out in the contract who is responsible for those fees. Any attorney you retain will be working with your best interest in mind and will default to giving any benefit in a transaction to you. That's why I advise buyers to have their own attorney review the contract.

The attorneys I work with bill at an hourly rate and I had a lease purchase contract drafted and it was approximately $500.00 for 2-2.5 hours’ worth of work for him.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2012
I'm not licensed in NC but it can't be a whole lot different than WV and OH. My recommendation would be to contact a real estate attorney. They can draw up or review any contracts you have with the potential buyer. They will protect your interests and won't cost nearly as much as paying a sales commission. Congrats on your sale!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer