Home Buying in Cooper City>Question Details

Orly, Both Buyer and Seller in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have some questions about Monterra @ cooper City and would love for anyone to give some response/advice!

Asked by Orly, Fort Lauderdale, FL Tue Mar 19, 2013

1. How does the Tax / HOA work? I hear its $75, then its a CDD. Need to figure out a cost on a 600k house.
2. What are the schools. I have heard that Monterra might be slid into either Hollywood or Pembroke pines schools. Is this the case?
3. Can any resident come into the property to go to the walking trail, etc? I see the security at the front gate to be very lax. Does this impact security in the community.
4. What are any other major issues with the property I might not have seen?

Answers

4
Hello Orly,
Perhaps you need a real estate professional to accompany you to Montterra. The reps there can answer many of your questions directly so there is no passing on of answers to your questions.
School boundaries can be changed as time goes by and no one can give you a positive answer as to the outcome or time table concerning same. Please note that there is still construction going on within the project and this possibly lessens some of the access security. Once the developer turns the association over to the residents, it will be their job to have security as they deem necessary.
Please contact me If I may be of any assistance.
Thank you.
Dominick Napoli
Coral Shores Realty
954-438-1422
domnap@bellsouth.net
http://www.FloridaShines.com

PS: Here's an article concerning CDD's for you to look at.
http://www.ccfj.net/CDDhiddencostliving.html
Hi Orly:

The HOA fee is $75 and includes the CDD Tax (Community Development District), the manned and gated main entrance, the clubhouse and fitness center, swimming pool, kids pool and playground, tennis and basketball courts, and walking trail. It was $1,970 for the year and that varies. The CDD is included as a non-ad valorem assessment on the annual property tax bills for each lot. These vary each year as taxes change.

The public schools are Cooper City Elementary School, Pioneer Middle and Cooper City High and your children would be eligible to attend the new Renaissance Charter School on Palm Avenue, which is open for K-8 grade children.

My only advice, as a professional Realtor, who covers all of Broward County, but is particular familiar with South Broward and this location is to be sure that you've checked other resale properties in the general area. The homes at Monterra are super nice, but the lots are smaller and you may find that you get a lot more for your money with a really nice resale home close by. Of course, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you really want brand new and don't mind a smaller lot, then these are super nice and much in demand.

If I can help you in any way, I'd love to work with you. I have clients who have bought in Monterra and are very happy there.

Hope this helps,

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
Tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com
Good amswer by Steve below. Also it would be nice to answer your No 2 but as agent we cannot say anything else other than go to the gov offices or internet to get the school inf as we could jeapordizs our license by leading you. 3. That's the case in many security gates and its up to the residents to make it better if they complain about it at the HOA meetings. 4 is what you pay a building inspector for. As agents we do not and should not get involved with building defects. I see these questions every day and sometimes answered but this is the reality. Kind regards David
-
-
What can make the purchase of a 600k home much easier on the wallet would be a few of these programs, espacially if you can get up to $12,000 of closing costs paid for you in the deal. Review the below programs, then call me today
.
1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO w/cc
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
does anybody know if contruction still going on at monterra?
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013