Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Graham Thorl…, Other/Just Looking in Naples, FL

I have seen lots of properties such as this and when I see it has been on the market for so long wonder what the problem is.

Asked by Graham Thorley, Naples, FL Mon Jan 14, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3074385304-2651-Citrus-Lake-D…

Answers

7
This property is in a great Zip code in Naples.....Could be a handful of issues at work here. I would not worry so much about how long it has been on the market as much as making sure it has everything you are looking for. After that check other comparable communities.....I would love to help.....let me know if I can be of assistance.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
This property has been on the market over a year. The issue could be that it was overpriced for the market when first listed, almost always a downfall, buyers have been antsy, with the election last year many buyers put offers in on homes, get nervous about the economy or the political arena withdraw or cancel the purchase, in this case my best guess is that the buyer, given 3 days to review the association documents by law, found something he either didn't like or found a loophole and canceled his order. I believe the average days on the market lately have been about 100 days. Call for help 239-963-9182 or pamandjohn@naplesnavigators.com.
this is a very slow economy..although real estate is showing signs of increased activity, many propertis and communities are still realing from the foreclosures and short sale properties. those comunities that were hardest hit may have many properties that have not paid dues/fees and could have financial trouble. financiag a property in these communities is difficult if not impossible.
There are losts of reasons some properties are on the market longer than others.Price is not the only culpret. You need to clarify with your realtor.
Graham - I showed this property earlier this month, and it is in my customer's top two choices. I live very near Lakeside and have sold 3 properties there. This condo came on the market when there were several other condos listed. Many have sold, this price was recently reduced.
It is on the second floor and has a carport instead of a garage, but it is priced accordingly for that and also that it could use some updating. However, it is in nice condition and has a lovely view. Also - it is 3 bedrooms which would make a good rental or offers a room for an office.
The pool, tennis, landscaping and lake offer wonderful amenities and Lakeside is in an ideal location, near two beaches and the newer upscale shops/restaurants at "Mercato".

You can fish in the lake although it is a "catch and release" lake.
Please give me a call (239-860-1650) or send me a note if you would like additional information on Lakeside or any other community in Naples. You can easily do your own accurate property search by going to: joycesellsnaples.com.

Joyce Etchison
Amerivest Realty in North Naples and 5th Avenue
Graham, I showed this property twice to a potential buyer earlier this month. It is in his top two favorites.
I live near this community and have sold 3 properties there. It is a great location, has several tennis courts, a lake where you can "catch and release", lovely pool and landscaping.

When this came on the market, there were several other condos on the market there. I sold a first floor with a garage last month, although it was only a two bedroom/ but essentially the same view.
I can't imagine that this property will not sell very soon. It is in good condition, but could use some updating (but that is reflected in the price).
Please write or give me a call if you would like any additional information about Lakeside or any other properties in Naples.
239-860-1650
Joyce Etchison- joyce.etchison@gmail.com
Amerivest Realty
Hello Graham,

Likely nothing wrong with the property, aside from the marketing approach and pricing. If a Property is priced properly at the inception of the listing it will sell. Many people make the error of over pricing with a let's see attitude. The Listing agents are often times, desperate or incompetent. Check the com-parables and make a solid offer based on fact. Get all the inspections you deem necessary.

I hope this is assistance.

Kind Regards, Kevin

Kevin Rathburn, Realtor
239-269-4575 Direct Line
KRnaples@gmail.com

KevinRathburn.com Integrity-Diligence-Innovation
the property had been pending in dec and then went back on the market. also there is a 3 hour notice on all showings which could be another deterent for some agents to show the property.
all the best,
leann anderson