Vegae, Home Buyer in 19111

I have seen 3 houses that have been boarded up for more than a year I'm interested in at least one but no one can give me info on them, I have

Asked by Vegae, 19111 Fri Jul 2, 2010

gone to L&I and city hall and everyone gives me the run around. Where can I go?

Answers

6
Please call me at 267-934-1971
Philip Cunningham
Market Force Realty
267-934-1971 (cell)
1-866-993-8585
http://www.GreatPaRE.com
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Hi VegaE,

A realtor may be able to contact the current owner and see if they are interested in a short sale (if they're in pre-foreclosure).

If a bank already owns them you will have to wait until the asset manager hires a realtor to sell it. Just make sure in tight with a Realtor so you can get out to see it on the first day it comes on the market. Oftentimes bank-owned properties are priced well below market and attract a bidding war.

Also if you want to buy a fixer upper and need a mortgage, make sure your lender writes your preapproval letter as an FHA 203k Simplified mortgage. it will allow you to include up to $35k for repairs to be done "after closing". Bank asset managers will see that the deal will not fall apart if the roof is bad so they'll go with your offer over a higher non-FHA 203K mortgage or with a cash buyer.

Alma
The contact information for all the listings in the city are incorrect? Wow, that's a lot of wrong data! Also, I specified that it's what the CITY considers market value, but considering some of the wildly off prices coming out of the market these days, why not have more than one opinion from professionals?

As far as it not costing him, of course it does. The seller pays 3%-6% of the sales price to the agents involved (buyer and listing). Without that percentage, the buyer pays that much less. Whether it's worth it or not is up to debate, but the "as a buyer it doesn't cost you anything" is completely false. And I say that as someone that's working WITH a buyer agent.

Never said he shouldn't contact a realtor, but he should have access to ALL the resources out there, and research the property on his own as well.
Regarding the last post and BRT website.
* Even though the name of the Owner is listed the contact information is not.
* The Market value is not correct, not even close to a rough estimate. I have a property that I owe and it is worth approximately 150,000 - it sais the market value is 65,000, ridiculous.

Maybe it is a good start but it leads you to a dead end. I still recommend working with a Realtor. As a buyer it does not cost you anything so why not.

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realtor®
Advance Realty One
realexs@gmail.com

http://www.eRealtyFind.com
(267) 738 0886
It looks like in your neck of the woods, the City of Philadelphia has the Board of Revision of Taxes website, which allows you to search by address (among other things). The account information tab shows the owner's name. The Account Details tab has the recent sales history, assessed value, and (what the city considers) market value. And the Valuation Details has what looks like a 6-yr history of assessements. Good stuff to start with, good luck!

Website - Click on Property Search at top
http://brtweb.phila.gov/default.aspx
Hello Vegae,

You need to work with a Realtor. We have access to MLS wich gives us ability to pull up the owner info, company that handled last transaction, etc. If you have addresses let me know and i will assist you.

Are you interested in Foreclosures?

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realtor®
Advance Realty One
realexs@gmail.com

http://www.eRealtyFind.com
(267) 738 0886