Rocky, Home Buyer in Berwyn, IL

I have responded to many of the realtors asking to be contacted about homes I've seen on Trulia, not once has anyone contacted me. Why is this?

Asked by Rocky, Berwyn, IL Wed Aug 17, 2011

Answers

10
Hi Rocky,

I see my fellow agents have responded to your question. As some have stated if you do not send contact information other than your name some realtors may feel you are not a serious inquiry and therefore, may not respond. It can just be you are not selecting the right realtor for you. You now have many good agents attention! Feel free to contact me for assistance. I welcome the opportunity to assist you! =)
Hard to believe Rocky ... Are you giving them the correct contact information?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011
hey rocky, i have had the same issues with realtors. everyone says it is a tough economy yet the reattors seem to have given up. i have had numerous emails with realtors about buying property and they take days, if not weeks, to return a message. they all seem to have the mindset that people are having a hard time getting the financing and they may be wasting their time showing them properties for sale. some of us buyers just want to be able to make an offer but can not get anyone to return a email. lets be honest, it is not that busy out there that an agent can not return your contact within 24 hours. any longer than that and i know they will not hustle for me when the time comes. do a little research and you will see tons of agents out there are leaving the industry. maybe the ones left behind will learn a lesson. the client is paying you thousands of dollars, return the call!!
I can only say that I have responded to several inquiries from this site but then never hears back from them. Maybe there are technical issues with this system. I would suggest you find a local agent, or ask friends and family to refer an agent they worked with and were happy with. You can also request that an agent call you back rather than email you in case there is a issue with the system. My Mom lives in Berwyn and I have sold a few properties there. Call or email me iCindy cfinnerman@rubloff.com 847 436-2020
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
If you are looking for a rental home, you are not alone. I hear from many potential tenants that realtors don't respond in a timely manner if all all to tenants' requests. You might try to find an agent in your area who is willing to help you find a home that is available. There's some leg work that needs to be done to be sure the homes are available prior to seeing them and an agent may we willing to help. If you can't get anyone to respond, call one of the big offices and have the broker find soemone willing to help. I'm sure you'll find soemone willing to put the time in to find you the right place. All the best. If you're in the Atlanta area, you can find me at candacedeshe@gmail.com . I'd be glad to help!
Web Reference: http://www.candacedeshe.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
You may be having trouble because Trulia is a new site. However, if an Agent is really interested in showing their listings they will contact you. Perhaps going through their email may be a beter option. Always give them at least one day to respond to your request. Good luck. If you are interested in Westchester, please look me up. Aggie Golio, RIG REALTY, Westchester NY
Web Reference: http://www.rigrealty.com
Rocky,
I have lived in Berwyn and sold real estate in the west suburbs for 21 years. Feel free to use me as a resource for all of your real estate questions and needs. Please contact me directly at 630-257-1432 or Paul@expertrealtyservices.com.
Have you considered working with an agent of your own; not sure why your inquiries are going unanswered, are you e-mailing the agents directly...
I might be misunderstanding your question, so let me know if I am... Many Realtors have responded to your questions on the Q&A board, myself included. But we can't contact you directly without your contact info. In Trulia, we can't see your email or phone number or send you a message through the system.
I am just the opposite. I get messages that someone wants info on a house. I send it and never hear back anything at all. It happens.