Dawn, Home Buyer in 06901

I have reason to believe that the real estate agency i am dealing with is operating unethically.

Asked by Dawn, 06901 Tue Jul 19, 2011

Answers

13
HI Dawn, I am sorry you are having a question about ethics in regard to your real estate agency. I am assuming two things: 1) the real estate company is a member of the Greater Fairfield Country MLS and 2) if this is true than the broker of record and the sales associates should all be REALTORS (members of the National, State and local Associations of REALTORS.

So, there are several avenues, you could consult a Professional Standards Certified Specialist (PSCS) for a quick opinion and further direction or you can call the Stamford Board of REALTORS at 203-327-1433. An AE will help you file a formal Ethic Complaint.

If there really is an ethic problem, all responsible REALTORs would like you to follow up on this. As a member of both my local associations and the state association's professional standards committee, I would encourage you to follow through to a satisfactory resolve. REALTORS want the public to be confident in trusting REALTORS for their professionalism and their ethical standards.

If you have any additional questions I would be happy to help. Good Luck!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 20, 2011
First call out the Realtor in question to get all the facts. Go then to the designated Broker of that agency to see if you can get satisfaction. Your next approach would be the local Board of Realtors, then the State Real Estate Commission. Ethics violations are taken seriously, so be sure you have your facts straight before moving forward.
Contact the local board of realtors, along with the local MLS and they will help you out.
You should contact the local board, then maybe the governing body that regulates the real estate industry in your state. Also you may want to try to contact their broker, I am sure they would like to know of your concerns.
Definitely call and make an appointment with the Stamford Board of Realtors on Sixth Street...tel 203-327-1433...I hope it is just a misunderstanding....we are supposed to operate under a strict code of ethics....you should be taken care of by the Board...Any questions? Please feel free tocontact me Elizabeth Leonardo Schwendeman at 203-622-9205, I can help with lower Fairfield Cty, and am based in Greenwich, live in Cos Cob....
Hi Dawn, Yes, your local board is where you need to go to discuss your concerns.
Is there a question to go along with your concerns? The buying and selling process is fraught with anxiety for most participants. Here in Trulia-land, you have an opportunity to seek the objective opinions of Realtors nationwide who may be able to shed some light on your concerns and give you good advice regarding your apprehensions. So, let us know what the issues are and we'll give you feedback!
I can say, with a great deal of certainty, that most Realtors are concerned about the ethics of our bretheren:

Please elaborate.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Can you elaborate?
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
Hello Dawn,
I'm an agent in Stamford and interested in hearing why you believe the real estate firm that you're working with is unethical. Please, post an explanation so that we can give you some guidance.

Depending upon what the circumstances are; you can contact the Stamford Board of REALTORS® and file a complaint or, as Emile suggests, contact the Connecticut Consumer Protection Dept. as they are the entity that oversees real estate licensing.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Without more details this is tough to answer my first thought is have you expressed your concerns to the managing broker of the company. Then next is maybe check with The Ct Dept of consumer Protection on Real Estate their is a link for consumer i Have attached it.
http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1629&q=435780
Please explain

Thank You!
Think you may need to explain why this is so in order to receive opinions or answers from any Realtor®