Home Buying in Justin>Question Details

J, Home Buyer in Justin, TX

I have noticed a lot of homes being sold or are foreclosures in Justin, TX. Why are people leaving? Is Justin a good place to raise kids?

Asked by J, Justin, TX Wed Jun 20, 2012

Answers

7
We moved from Justin 6 months ago due to work. My Girls Still miss there teachers are Justin Elementary. We're in a great school district now, but still not the same. The School there was Great! everyone knew you and cared about the kids. (Guess that goes hand in hand with the Small town)
Justin is a great place to raise a family. Justin is one of the hot spots to buy a home right now. It is centrally located to Denton and Ft. Worth and has a great school system. If you are looking for a home in that area, now is the time to buy! A lot of sellers are upgrading, buying bigger homes or maybe down sizing if their children are grown and have moved out.
Nothing to do in Justin-!
I live in Justin and it is a great place for raising kids. I have 2 of my own. The school system is great. I know some of the people who have gone through foreclosures. Most of them have been due to divorces or job losses.
Justin is a very nice place to live. Some smaller communities go through cycles where it seems more than the usual homes are for sale. Between $56,000 and $916,000 there are 52 homes for sale.

The median sale price since June 2011 is about $126,000. There are about 650 households proper but when you could surrounding county area there are many more. And this is summer time, when many people sell. And, there are some HUD repos, many manufactured homes.

Any other questions, call me. 940-255-4684. Selling since 1984 with over $120,000,000 sold.
FYI population of Justin is a small community with limited number of homes WHICH might appear that every home is up for sale.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
I don't think there are probably an more foreclosures in Justin more than any other place.

If there are, it probably because people wanted to get a little more house for a little less money. So they might have been stretching to get what they wanted. Then when times get tough, gas goes up, pay goes down, even just a little hiccup they get in trouble. Many of these homes were also purchased about the time when 100% financing was in play, prices have remained stable, so if they need to sell there's not enough room to pay closing costs and pay off the loan and therefore a foreclosure. You can also probably look at the demographics and see that the average age of the residents and you might see higher than average divorce and higher than average job changes/transfers. All of which could lead to higher foreclosure rates.

Everyone has their own idea about what is a good place to raise kids, but I'd think Justin is as good as any. Still a small town, but close enough to the big city if you need those kinds of things that big cities offer. School system is fairly small and probably a place where everybody knows everybody.

Maybe be a good time to get in and make a great deal on a foreclosure before the market and interest rates pick up again.

You can search for foreclosures, REOs and regular sales too at this website:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/community/area/Justin/
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX