Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Carol Gibson, Home Buyer in 14609

I have never owned a home but would like to, can you tell me what I would need, and how I would go about getting my self ready to buy a home.

Asked by Carol Gibson, 14609 Fri Jan 17, 2014

I'm clueless on this.

Answers

4
Raymond Camp’s answer
Good morning Carol,
1) Establish Financing
a)Speak with a mortgage professional
Receive a pre-qualification for your mortgage loan
Helps determine price range for home search
If you would like recommendations or further assistance feel free to contact me.
Carol, I wish you were in East Texas! What you need to do is choose a realtor to assist you as your agent - very important as they can hep you FIND the right property and represent you in all phases of the process once the right one is found. The 3rd point of the triangle (you're the 1st) is a good lender to get you prequalified. (Your realtor can help identify lenders for you). A good lender will help you find the mortgage which is the best fit for your situation. With a good, hard-working professional realtor you will be in good hands till you have the keys in hand!
Carol:

What a great goal this is for to achieve there is nothing like owning your own home. First you will have to figure out what priced home you can afford and be comfortable paying for on a monthly basis. Don't be turned off if your credit score is low because many banking institutions will work with you on raising your score and matching a down payment. There are many programs assisting " First Time Buyers". (Where you do your banking or a Mortgage Broker will assist you on this initial step).
With this knowledge in hand your next step is to find a realtor to show you the available properties in the particular neighborhood you are looking to be in. Then when you find that dream home your relator will walking you through the buying process. If I can be of any help to you with your search please don't hesitate to contact me. Good Luck!

Bill Walsh
Licensed Sales Person Seven Valley Realty
585-750-8999
bwalsh@sevenvalleyrealty.com
The best thing to do is call a professional real estate agent. They can answer all your questions and set you up with lenders, attorneys, etc to get you through the process. Your first step would be to get pre-approved to see what you can afford. You can use any lender to get started without obligation.

You can give me a call to set up a no obligation buyers consultation to get you on your way.
Chris DuMont
Keller Williams Realty Greater Rochester
585-415-2349