Home Buying in Castro Valley>Question Details

muleeshiff, Home Buyer in Castro Valley, CA

I have 200k in cash is it possible to purchase a home in Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro or Union City for this price. .

Asked by muleeshiff, Castro Valley, CA Sun Mar 10, 2013

Answers

3

At this time there are only eight properties under $200K in the 4 cities you mentioned. Homes are selling very quickly since there are plenty of all cash buyers in this price range and the demand from investors is huge.

Are you working with an agent? Your agent can send you listings directly from the MLS of all homes that meet your criteria.

Meena Gujral
Achievers Realty
510-279-9580
http://www.helpusellachievers.come
Pacita and I share access to the same mls information. I also came up with 16 properties that are listed at $200,000 or less. Most (12) are either townhouses or condos. I would classify the remaining four houses as in need of someone with the skill, money and desire to put them in good condition.

Additionally, I suspect that properties priced between $190,000 and $200,000 will be likely to be bid up to more than $200K in the very fast moving market.
There are 16 properties under $200K for sale in all the cities you mentioned.

Note that in addition to the purchase price, you should also factor closing costs which can vary depending on the city's transfer taxes, HOA transfer fees, etc if applicable

Do you have a realtor helping you? If not, that's the first thing you should do -- engage someone to help you find the properties to meet your needs.

I have another client in the same position --- unfortunately, not all the properties that are in his budget range meet his approval. You should consider making some allowances regarding the size, location and condition of the properties. Setting very high expectations may not help in a very competitive market that includes many cash buyers.

Let me know how I can help