Home Buying in Des Plaines>Question Details

klinkolaszlo, Home Buyer in Palatine, IL

I have just checked ZILLOW for my house and almost had a coronary. The listing claims 1350 sq.ft. and a price of $219.000. So I took out the certified

Asked by klinkolaszlo, Palatine, IL Sun Jun 30, 2013

Plat of Survey, and it shows 2030 sq.ft. which includes the main house only, and not the addition Florida room, or a two story accessory building, or garage for that matter. Or the 2030 sq.ft.basement, which is not developed. Anyone knows how ZILLOW gets their information, and should it even bother me?

Answers

2
Zillow estimates are all but worthless. Don't let it bother you at all.
no sure where the info is collected but you can edit the info if you are the homeowner. there should be an edit tab. it will list homeowners. click on your name and I think give your email then it will email you a confirmation and you can put in correct info, add photos, etc... its annoying b.c they aren't giving a true representation of your home and this could be misleading to potential buyers!!! grr