Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

aishajones19…, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

I have improved my credit score from the 400s to 650. But I have one score that is stuck at 588. How can I raise this higher?

Asked by aishajones19131.aj, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jan 15, 2013

I've been gone a few months, I see Trulia still allows all that advertising spam in these posts... :(

There's a lot of ways to go about this, the easiest way is to pull an individual report (from one bureau I mean) to see what's reporting on that one and then one from one or both of the other (go to the respective websites, experian/transunion/equifax.com and do NOT get a merged report) then compare what's reporting on each.

Once you do this important step THEN the "how can I raise it higher" should be asked, none of us can tell you what to do other than wild guesses because no one knows what's on there and depending what's on there your total debt, % of revolving vs installment, etc, the answer will change.

Your best bet is to do what I suggested (many years ago, this is what I did personally and I was quite happy with the results as I'm sure you are with your progress so far), you're on the right track, see it through!
Web Reference: http://RobWeber.com
Please call me at 215-327-8104 so we can discuss this further.
Kathy Hanigan
Hello Aisha,

Lenders use the middle score so if one score is dragging I would say don't worry about it.

The reasons why the scores are different are two fold. First not all creditors report to all bureaus so if one creditor that you have delinquencies with only reports to experian, then the experian may be much lower than the other two. Secondly, the three credit bureaus use different algorithms to calculate the score. One may have more focus on recent transactions than another or one may focus on depth of credit so it is not unusual to have a wide differential.

If you have any further questions please feel free to give me a call.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
The consumer version of your credit report that you have access to will differ from the information pulled by your lender. That is the data they will use to make their credit decision.

If you haven't already, I would recommend having the reports pulled by your lender to see where you stand.

Joshua Stein
Coldwell Banker Preferred
1207 Fayette St.
Conshohocken, PA 19428
(610) 828-9558 Office
(215) 866-8030 Cell
Since there are three credit bureaus involved(experian, equifax and transunion) find out which of the three is carrying the lowest score. Try to remember that all your creditors do not necessarily report to all three bureaus and also maybe one of the credit bureaus may be slow updating your status. That being said there is a method through rapid rescore to analize your credit and bring up your scores more expeditiously. If you are interested in this contact me by email or phone and I will get you in touch with someone who can assist you with this.

Hal Kaplan - 215-432-0908
I would have a mortgage professional pull your score if you r interested in buying a home at some point. Their credit scores will differ than the credit bureaus you are getting your scores from. and at the end of the day , only the mortgage bank credit pull matters
Since mortgage companies use the middle score, you could be fine.

Contact the credit agency that gave you that score and ask them why. There is no magic thing you can do without asking them.

Web Reference: http://usloans.com
What I would suggest is that you pull your credit from all three bureaus. You can do this annually for free at:

From there you can check the one where the score is low and determine what on the report is causing this. Once you determine the cause, if it is an error, you can contact that reporting agency direct to dispute and hopefully have removed. Best of luck!