Home Buying in Pottstown>Question Details

Trobbins1002, Home Buyer in Pottstown, PA

I have had my house on the market for just about 6 months and only had 3 people interested, when would be good to chose a new realtor or sell?

Asked by Trobbins1002, Pottstown, PA Thu Sep 6, 2012

Answers

9
Unfortunately Pottstown is saturated with homes for sale. You must make yours stand out. Do some homework. Look at homes in your area. Are you priced right? Is your home in good repair? Neat clean and uncluttered? IF SO then go to the next component. The agent. The other realtors have given you some terrific ideas. Marketing is key. What are they doing to market? Flyers? Mailings? What about Facebook?

My fellow realtors and I have given some great ideas. Lots to think about...
Best of luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
Elaine Karmel is exactly correct. Pottstown is very saturated with homes for sale. Your home must stand out in appearance/condition AND be priced competitavely. She is spot on with marketing as well. Take a look at your MLS listing as a buyer would. Are there GOOD exterior and interior photos? Missing or bad photos put doubt into a buyer's mind and can deter them from even choosing to look at your home in person. Is there sufficient information?
This is still a buyer's market and you must think like a buyer. Why your home over others? As we approach fall, the real estate market will begin to slow. You and your agent must "up your game" if you want to settle before winter. Best of luck to you.
Anthony Alcaro, Century 21 Alliance- Hard question to answer not having all the facts. Generally it is a price or condition or both issue. Also surplus of homes on the market! I would be happy to meet with you to review all the above!
All of the answers below are good ones, but one thing that was left out is the condition of the home. Your agent should have gone over staging with you, and it's extremely important to follow his/her advice in that area. Things such as uncluttered rooms, maintained yard, clean home, etc... go a long way towards presenting the property.

If you do decide to make a switch, make sure to end your listing agreement with your agent before interviewing new ones. I don't mind lending advice on the topic, but I would think any agent here would have a problem actually trying to earn your services while you are working with another agent for ethical reasons. Once you are free, make sure you interview 3 or 4 agents to decide on your next real estate consultant. Consider all of the advice given here, decide for yourself why it hasn't sold and then make sure the next person you hire can fix that problem.

All the answers below are excellent! From my experience in the past couple of months, 3 out of the last 6 open houses that I worked, resulted in going to settlement. Good hard working agents learn the "sizzle" and features of their listings and can point these out at open houses.

Pricing: If other similar properties are selling for less, then I would recommend a reduction to be more competitive. In our area, closings are up from last year and inventory is a little lower, resulting in a more positive outlook for the Real Estate market.
Most case you are overpriced or your agent has not capture a good audience for your home. Questions you should ask your self. Is your agent telling you are overpriced? Is your Agent doing open house? How successful was the open house? How many open house did he or she do? What is the feedback from the open house and those 3 appointment' ? Important question ... Has your agent suggested anything other then lowering the price? These are all the question you should be asking your self. If not then yes get another agent.

Thank You,
Mike Benedict
Realtor Coldwell banker
Ask you Real Estate Agent to get new comparables in your area to see if you house is price correctly.
It is only two reason why this could happen. One the property is overprice and second the marketing that your listing agent is doing for you.

Good Luck,

Maria Cipollone
Unfortunately, complicated answer to such a simple question. There are many factors involved in the marketing of a property. Is each component of the "marketing mix" optimized to capture the attention of the ideal buyer pool of your home?
Perhaps now, the top 2 reasons homes do not sell are overpricing or lack of attention by your listing agent. You shuld have a new BPO done right away to see if you are priced properly and then review where you are being marketed and advertised. Then judge if you need a new agent due to lack of attention..