Homebuyerspr…, Home Buyer in 77373

I have 55000 for down payment but credit score of 618. Can I get a loan for 50,000 for a home. I have a co signer

Asked by Homebuyerspring, 77373 Wed May 2, 2012

Answers

11
Call Cynthia Coates from Castle & cooke 832.371.3568 or email at cynthiacoates@att.net She has done the last 17 loans for my clients and has closed them in 15 days tops. She good and will give you a game plan to increase your point within days. Tell her Isela gave you her number.
I have a lender who can give you that answer within 48 hours. Email me or give me a call so I can send you the paperwork...(1-page) to fill out and send to lender.
Hi, my name is Joe Tarantino and my number is 281-241-9370. I have a few houses in the Spring, TX that are for sale. I may be able to help you buy a house without getting a loan or having to have a co-signer. Give me a call.
thanks for all the answers here. I checked my credit report.. It doesn't have my mortgage on there at all. I have lived in my home 35 years and it was paid off early. I will be selling it to buy a home when I relocate. Just wondered why my mortgage wasn't on my report.
How long ago was your mortgage paid off? Not sure why it wouldn't show up on your credit report other than it has been a very long time ago. Either way, I have a lender that has closed loans for me with credit scores down to a 580. You won't need a co-signor and can purchase it yourself. You can also use the money to buy down your interest rate and save yourself even more money. Feel free to give me a call and I can discuss the specifics.
Theresa Almogabar
Texas Realty Services
(832) 326-0077
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
It's possible you may qualify for a mortgage loan, since you have a substantial down payment. As stated below, a co-signer really won't help you. However the minimum credit score is 620. It won't take you long to increase your credit score by doing simple things like paying your credit card, car payment, etc. a few days earlier than the date due.

Regardless, it's best to speak directly with a professional mortgage lender. I can refer you to an excellent mortgage professional that can give your more specific advice.
Web Reference: http://www.amandahomes.com
Tom is correct, a co-signer does not help at all. Having enough cash for a 50% down payment does though. It's hard to say exactly. Your credit is high enough for some lenders programs. Honestly if you have some balances on credit cards or installment loans it may be better to pay those off totally as that would give you a jump in your credit score. As long as you do not have a lot of recent late payment issues you are very close to being able to purchase something if all the other parameters work like your debt ratio etc.

Your best bet is to speak with a lender or broker to see what your options are and how far away you are from being able to purchase something.

Best of luck to you.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Co-signer does help the score issue.

I bet we can get this done.
Do you have credit card debt?
Sometimes paying thaose balances down is good for a quick score boost.

Call me if you want to hear the specifics.
I can't do a loan amount that low. But I can refer you.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
You have made an excellent start on your home purchase by saving so much for down payment! Well done!

What we need to do next is get you in touch with a loan professional who can see whether you currently qualify. A qualifying score may begin around the 620 mark - and you're nearly there! Do you want some references for local loan professionals? Call me right now at (936)349-7075, or text/e-mail me the best way to get in touch with you: david@davidcompanik.com

A loan professional or a credit professional can guide you through the process of raising your credit score as needed. There are probably a few simple steps that can be taken to raise your score. There are, of course, other criteria you have to meet to qualify for a loan, but credit score is certainly one of the more important benchmarks.
You should be able to find financing for a home, provided you do not have too much current debt, or to many resent dings to your credit. If you want to find out where you stand, I can refer you to a mortgage broker that deals with credit problems on a daily basis.Please call or write if you would like her info, or need some help finding a home. Thanks
Do you have a job so that you can make the payments on the house? A co signer might help, but you will need to show that you have a job that shows that you can make the payments. You also have enough money that you might consider a house that is owner financed. You probably would not have to use the whole 55K to use as a down payment.
Recommend to contact a loan officer who will review your credit app determine if you can be approved.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com