Home Buying in Elgin>Question Details

HomeBuyer, Home Buyer in Elgin, IL

I have finalized a house I need to buy. I just need a real estate agent to use their name. All legwork is done.

Asked by HomeBuyer, Elgin, IL Sun Jan 6, 2013

The agent can keep 25% of the commission he gets. Let me know if any agent is interested.

Help the community by answering this question:


Any licensed agent willing to work with you is a fool and I predict will either lose their license for engaging in such nonsense or simply leave the industry within a year as their obviously not making it.
The moment their name is used they assume legal liabilities for you and the transaction. Any Realtor with half a brain would not dream of working with you under these conditions.

If you believe you know what your doing then by all means proceed, if you're not so sure you know what you're doing (this would be a wise assumption on your part) then stop trying to act like a Broker to save some commission money and hire an experienced Broker. Otherwise hire an attorney to handle the closing and negotiate your deal with the Seller or their agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 7, 2013
It sounds like you are trying to buy a HUD owned home and need a Hud registered Broker to help you out? Or, as implied before, you saw the home with a different Broker and are trying to go around them and pocket a little cash in your own pocket from their work?
Not sure which is the case?
help us out here, lay your cards on the table and you'll be more likely to get some help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 7, 2013
Since you should have a lawyer at the closing anyway contact a real estate attorney who can finalize the contract for you. If you need the name of an attorney please contact me. I am assuming you have already viewed the home using the lisitng agent so technically the listing agent is also representing you and should be doing the contract.

A professional agent will not get into the middle of a transaction where he/she did not have procuring cause just to get a 25% of a 2.5%-3% commission which might be challenged by the listing agent.

Your best bet is a real estate attorney who can advise you on how to structure the offer.

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 7, 2013
You have responded to Mack that you need a real estate agent to get paid for the commission? Since you have already done most of the work, why not have an attorney finalize it for you as Terry Bell suggested.

We, realtors, take pride in our service from day one of the process through the end. Money is part of the enticement but not the enticement by itself.

I wish you the best in your undertaking. It is unfortunate that you have not seen the value of realtor's service in your endeavor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 7, 2013
And I forgot to mention that there are many good Realtors here on Trulia who can be of great help to you, going over your work in progress, and let them quote you a price for completion...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
You obviously have no idea what a professional Realtor brings to the table. Finding the house is the easy part. Negotiating the deal & getting it to the closing table is where we professionals earn our commission. I find it hard to believe that any professional would take you up on your offer. I wonder how quickly you would do whatever your profession is, at 75% less than your regular pay & and not skimp on service or a quality job.
Mary Lou Scinto Allen. Century 21 Affiliated, Skokie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
What do you need a real estate agent to do for you?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
Dear Homebuyer, A Realtor does a lot more than "legwork"! We work hard to negotiate on behalf of our clients, and not just for price but for terms, and we work to protect our buyers from surprises and future legal problems. Frankly I wouldn't want to come in at the last minute with unknown parties. Before I would get involved in writing a contract for a buyer, I would have to review all the "legwork" you claimed to have done and made sure all the disclosures, contracts and terms were satisfactory. In other words I would have to do all the work again anyway. As you so well put it, you want to "use their name". I think you will have a hard time finding a licensed professional Realtor that is willing to be "used". I suggest you contact a local Real Estate Atty and pay them to write up a contract.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
Call me , let me see how I can help you.
Viji D
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
Flag Sun Jan 6, 2013
For why do you need a real estate agent?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
seller will pay commission
Flag Sun Jan 6, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer