Home Buying in Paulden>Question Details

tigger42069me, Home Buyer in Prescott, AZ

I have excellent credit but I'm self employed and my taxes appear that I don't make much money due buying equment. Is it even possible to get a loan?

Asked by tigger42069me, Prescott, AZ Tue Oct 16, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You should certainly have a lender take a look at your situation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 17, 2012
Hi tigger (Winnie the Pooh reference??):

"My taxes appear that I don't make much money due (to) buying (equipment)"...

Self-employed borrowers have, and always will have, a tougher time getting a loan than the W-2 employed due to the possibility of income varying over time. Add to that the fact your tax returns show little income, and you have a challenge.

The real question is whether you have the proof to show you actually do make money. Do you have non-cash expenses (such as the depreciation mentioned by Loren) to add to your bottom line? Is there something which shows you will make more income going forward? ETC., ETC.

The only real way to know if you can get a loan is to talk to an experienced loan officer, tell your whole story, and see if there are ways to show the needed amount of income to qualify.

Bill Parker, Loan Officer
AZ Lic# 09011570
NMLS #223607
CPA--Licensed, no longer practicing

GenCor Mortgage, Inc.
15730 N. 83rd Way, Suite 103
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(O) 480-525-8496; (M) 602-565-3646; (F) TBD
EM: Bill.Parker@GenCorMortgage.com
Website: http://www.GenCorMortgage.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/billparkercpa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 17, 2012
Unfortunately your avenues are much slimmer than they used to be.
I would look at a list of lenders. I know of one that has a portfolio loan that might help and another that will help you structure your business so that you might qualify in a few months.
Give me a call or email for a friendly introduction,.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
Try Ros Moore at Sun West Mortgage roswell.moore@cox.net (480) 422-5095. They have a loan program for the self employed.
If your cash flow is good, you should be ok. Such items as tax depreciation can be added back in when the calculations are done along with other things.

Give him a call.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer