Home Buying in Mesa>Question Details

efentzke, Home Buyer in Carpinteria, CA

I have come across some extremely low prices on some beautiful homes in the Scottsdale area through Zillow, can you please explain this.

Asked by efentzke, Carpinteria, CA Sat Jun 29, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Mesa

Answers

10
Zillow is not always up to date with what is on the market, these homes could be from a couple of years ago!

For active listings on the MLS, feel free to search my website database at http://www.rebeccasellsaz.com

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I would love to assist you!
I work Scottsdale and the prices have gone up some since the market is coming around a bit. But, there are still a few REO's, some owner financed and a few good deals out there. Some of the homes are not listed, especially if investors are trying to sell them before they put them on the market. I would be happy to share my information with you if you have interest. I have a horse property by owner that is a great deal, just needs some yard work. Let me know if I can help.

The lowest priced available home in Scottsdale is $150,000 which is a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom of 1,053 sqft built in 1954.

If you jump up to $209,900 you can buy a newly remodeled home built in 1961 with 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 2 car garage and 1,245 sqft.

At $300,000 is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 car garage of 1,400 sqft built in 1966 that has been upgraded.

At $400,000 is a 4 bedroom 3.5 bathroom 3 car garage of 2,045 sqft built in 1997 with 1.25 acres that has been highly upgraded.

At $505,000 is a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 car garage of 2,372 sqft built in 1996 upgraded with mountain views.

Listing prices in Scottsdale go all the way up to $24,500,000. I hope that gives you an idea of what is available on the market. If you plan a trip out here I am available to show you homes or just provide more information. My services are at no cost to you.

Liza Rhima, Realtor
Dream Homes to Investments * REO Listing Agent
US Preferred Realty
4 8 0 . 7 8 8 . 4 0 1 6 phone/text
l i z a r h i m a @ g m a i l . c o m
3rd party websites like Zilow (and even Trulia) pull information from public record. Because of this they often show homes that are currently not for sale, in which case it shows the last price the home sold for. So, if for instance a home sold 11 years ago but is currently not for sale, it will show the last price it sold for 11 years ago. The only real accurate information when it comes to price is information directly from the MLS, and further, only SOLD prices within the past 90 days are a true picture of current market value. A home can list for above or below market value but we won't know the final sales price until the transaction closes. We Realtors as well as appraisers get a picture of current market value by taking 2 Active, 2 Pending, 2 Closed transactions of certain home types with similar square footage and similar features within 1 mile from one another within the past 90 days. Hope this helps. If you are looking for a home in the Scottsdale area or any other greater Phoenix area, feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help you find a home. You can also check out my website which pulls information directly from the MLS: http://www.amyorear.com

Best wishes,

Amy O'Rear, REALTOR®
HomeSmart International
2680 S Val Vista Dr, Suite 101
Gilbert, AZ 85295-1606
Direct: 480-664-9950
Mobile: 480-580-1221
Office/Fax: 602-503-4280

amy.orear.realtor@gmail.com
Do not confuse any LISTING PRICE with the Market Value of the property, nor the eventual Selling Price.
Have your Realtor do a CMA.
Zillow is an interesting site that produces most of its revenue from advertising and eyeballs sell advertising. The data on Zillow is not always accurate, even Zillow admits this to the real estate industry. Zillow is trying to make it better and is having some success but it's a very long and expensive process to do correctly.

The Multiple Listing Services, in Phoenix its "Arizona Regional Multiple Listing" (ARMLS) have rules that end up providing the best quality data available. ARMLS works really hard with subscribers to ensure the data is the best possible. What does this mean to you: get access to the MLS Data so that when you are searching the information is as accurate as possible.

We have a tool that allows you to search the MLS on your own terms, where, what, price etc. Lets communicate and get you on the road to quality information so that you can make an informed decision with quality data.

As a Broker I still work directly with clients, you get 15 years of AZ experience and broker knowledge to assist you in the process.
These may be homes that are not actively listed for sale Is there an address that you are considering and I can further investigate it for you.
Many times Zillow has homes that are already sold, and just didn't get updated, or they could be short sales, etc, The only way for us to know is to have a couple of the addresses, please email them so if it is a great deal, others don't see the homes you are interested in and we can get a jump on it, Either way let me know if I may be of assistance to you. Hallockhomes@gmail.com
Good morning!

If you would like to email me the home addresses, I can look them up for you to see why the prices may be low. They may be for sale by owner, which would explain why they are listed for a great price or maybe even short sales. Email me at AmberR@RealtyOneAZ.com and I'll look for you right away!

Amber
Realty ONE Group
AmberR@RealtyOneAZ.com
480-370-7767
I'd be happy to help. Can you give me one or 2 that you've found so I can check them out?