Home Buying in Buckley>Question Details

Beanie88, Home Buyer in Buckley, MI

I have been told that with a Rural Development loan, I cannot build a new house (new construction). But to my

Asked by Beanie88, Buckley, MI Tue Jun 16, 2009

understanding, I can buy a brand new house that is for sale and hasn't been occupied. This doesn't make sense to me...help?

Answers

3
That is great information! Thank you, Snowpuppy!
I used to work for USDA/RD and yes you can build a home under either program. Direct or Guarantee. If you are in Buckley, call their office in TC and ask to speak to a loan originator that is assigned to the area you want to purchase in. They will walk you thru the application and qualification process for either program. Keep in mind there are some great deals to be had if you want to buy something that's a short sale or foreclosure. Good luck!
Building a house, and buying a house, are two VERY different processes. USDA RD loans do not allow folks to build a home.