Home Buying in Cedar Rapids>Question Details

Kas.kirby84, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I have been looking for a home cr iowa

Asked by Kas.kirby84, New York, NY Thu Sep 20, 2012

With a credit score of 580 to 600 is there anyway of being approved? I have a great work record, with the same company for 5 yrs now make a decent living and have been working very hard to clean up my credit several items have been paid or removed bc they were not accurate. Is there anyway of being approved? I have looked into the roots program, rural development loan and I know there are grants for first time home buyers that im sure would get approved for.... Im just having issues getting mortgage approval.... Any suggestions?

Answers

5
A VA loan does not require a minimun credit score, is that an option for you? There are many ways of getting your credit score up in rather short order. Raising the limit on your credit cards to make the range of debt to limit increase and thereby increasing your credit score.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hi Kas,

I have a list of lender that I can refer you to one of them is Karen Wright at Academy Mortgage as Garrett had mention. You want to work with a lender that will spend the time with you to work with you on getting your credit score up to qualify for a home loan that may be paying off some debts or collections. Please feel free to contact me at to discuss this further at 319-389-4470 or email me nborchert@iowarealty.com

Nicki Borchert
385 Collins Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Licensed To Sell In The State Of Iowa
319-389-4470
nborchert@iowarealty.com
nickiborchert.com
Contact Karen Wright at Academy Mortgage 319-364-4992. (Please tell Karen that I referred you.) Karen can usually get you approved with a 625 score, so she may be able to work with you to get you to approval. I also recommend Heartland Credit Restoration Services. If you need their services, I can provide additional info.
Once you have credit approval, I can assist you in searching for homes that meet your needs and then arrange for tours at your convenience.
Hello Kas.
There are options for you, as well as things you can do to improve your credit score in as little as a month to 45 days. I would gladly discuss these with you. My email is janhullaby@cbhrealty.com
I would love to help you with this. I was a lender prior to becoming a realtor and also worked for a credit repair company. With a 600 we may be able to get you approved and otherwise, I'm sure we can get your score up there if we work on it together. Please give me a call 319-533-0021
Michelle David, Realtor
Licensed in the State of Iowa
Coldwell Banker Hedges Realty
5408 Blairs Forest Way NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402