Home Buying in Valparaiso>Question Details

Possible Home…, Home Buyer in Valparaiso, IN

I have been looking at homes in the South Haven Community and it appears you get a fair size home with some yard at a good price. What is the longer?

Asked by Possible Home Buyer, Valparaiso, IN Sat Apr 24, 2010

term future of this area with the proposed hospital about 5 miles away?

Answers

4
Was told by even someone in the police dept. not to buy there. ALOT OF ISSUES
sorry S.H people. I agee, with other comment. I would not even put my dog at the kennel there.
LOVE my pet to much. !!
I would never move there...I won't even drive in there. If you don't know the area you will buy...We who have lived in the area for many years no better...My kids that are in there late 20's won't even get a start home there.They would not ever even think about it. Sorry for those that live there. You can get a good deal, so think about it, why..... You already know.
As far as long term future of the area, unfortunately none of us can answer with certainty, areas change all the time and who knows where the market will be tomorrow or in years to come.
South Haven is a decent community, as long as you are ok with the Portage School System. I recently looked at a few houses in South Haven, for the same reason you are, it seems as if you get a decent deal. After looking at a few, we looked at a few more in Salt Creek Commons. The average home price is about the same as South Haven, well maybe slightly higher, but not much, but they have the Union Township School system. Long story short, I just bought a house in Salt Creek Commons, and will close on May 10, after much thinking, if I am still in this house a few years down the road, I would rather my son go to Union Township then Portage.
I live in the area too, and I agree. Union Township has a much better reputation for there schools then Portage does. Stay away from LAKE Eliza ! ALots of issues with Drugs . not a nice area for small kids.
I love the Boone Grove School system. I consider it the best kept secret.of a smaller but a good, four star school.
Division street has a couple small houses that have alot of potential.
houses have bigger lots. not so crowded.
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012