Home Buying in Baltimore>Question Details

Katherine Be…, Renter in Baltimore, MD

I have been at my current job over 2 years. I have paystubs from every week- and a job letter. I was 1099- now w2- can I get a loan?

Asked by Katherine Bernardi, Baltimore, MD Tue May 13, 2014

I do have all 2 plus years of paystubs and a job letter. I have this past years tax returns. I have a bank account opened a few months ago showing my deposits.I started w-2 last week. I dont mind paying a higher interest rate if i can get a mortgage? I need to purchase within 6 to 7 months- any help would be very much appreciated!

Answers

1
That is great you have kept your "paper trail" organized this makes it a lot easier for the lender in looking over your information to see if you can become pre-approved. This also creates less of a hassle for you when preparing your documents when meeting with the lender. Great work!

I do suggest consulting with a few lenders, not just one lender, to compare the different programs, and see who can give you the best rate. If you plan on trying to receive grants to put towards your down payment and closing costs I urge you to make sure the lender you are speaking with is a preferred lender of the Maryland Mortgage Program. You can go to their website to find out more information.

Maryland Mortgage Program
http://mmp.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx