Home Buying in Palmdale>Question Details

hirple33312, Renter in Palmdale, CA

I have about 20,000 to put down on a home. My credit is excellent A nice,safe area.

Asked by hirple33312, Palmdale, CA Thu Feb 21, 2013

I second Tamara's recommendation for Joeph Fernando. He is experienced, knowledgeable on all loan program guidelines and his company's rates are competitive.
Hello hirple33312 -

Good info from the agents below - step 1 is finding a GREAT loan officer to build a relationship with and then an agent committed to assisting you through the purchase process.

I have two loan officers that I work with alot, please feel free to call both of them and interview them:

Joseph Fernando with Performance Mortgage ~ (661) 547-1435

Paul Porteus with Prospect Mortgage ~ (661) 547-1250

While you are reviewing the loan process, you can begin searching available homes via my website: http://www.tamarastoebe.com

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
With good credit, good size down payment, and sufficient income to qualify, it sounds like you'd be a piece of cake!

Best of Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.AFN-Loans.com
A good lender will be able to help you find the right loan program to meet your financial needs. I know a couple good ones in Palmdale/Lancaster if you need help.

There are many quality neighborhoods in the Antelope Valley. Depending on a variety of factors like 1) having school age children 2) haing a preference for age of home 3) proximity to shopping and central services, there should be at least a few homes that fit your criteria.

You should know by now that there is a severe lack of supply for houses due to a flooding of buyers to the market to take advantage of historically low interest rates. What does this mean for you? It means that looking for a house right now requires commitment from (you) the buyer and especially from (me) the agent. You will want an agent who will work tirelessly to be aware of the homes meeting your criteria as they hit the market, and to notify you of them as well.

Once you have found your lender and receive your preapproval, you can also have your agent help you get acquainted with a few neighborhoods and home floor plans. That way you will know what your perfect home looks like when it becomes available. I also educate buyers on the values in different neighborhoods so they know a good deal when they see one.

Should you have further questions on the buying or preapproval process, I am happy to help in any way possible. FYI, my office is in Santa Clarita but I live and work in and around Palmdale.

Eddie Momeny
Realty Executives
Good Afternoon,

The best thing to do is speak with a lender first. So you may find out amount of payment and the amount you can qualify for. Please let me know if you would like a recommendation. I work with very good lenders.

Nancy Villasenor, Broker Associate
RE/MAX of Santa Clarita
25101 The Old Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91381
(661) 945-7200 Direct
(661) 284-5095 Office
(866) 519-2179 Fax
Broker License 01433438