Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

vivianecas, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

I have about 35,000 USD cash to invest and I'd like to buy a property for rental in Miami. I am told I could buy a house in foreclosure. Is it?

Asked by vivianecas, Miami, FL Sat Feb 9, 2013

so? I'm a foreign citizen, & not a permanent resident of the US.

Answers

10
Contact me for a list of investment properties in Miami for under $30,000. If you're interested in any and purchase. I can help you find tenants as well. Email chuck.gmg@gmail.com or by phone at 3053359637
Assuming $35K cash, using $5K to closing costs ... you could buy $100K - $115K w/30% Investor conventional financing. Then how much cash might you have left over to do the fix-up or rehab? A $35K property for cash in Miami now will either be in an undesirable area or require structural renovations & rehab.
If you need anything further please feel free to call me during normal business hours at the contact info in our website link below. And please also send your email address and phone number, I'll be excited to help you with all your real estate needs and honored for the business opportunities.
=
=
Mortage Broker Responds

I would say between $115,000 to $125,000 depending on many factors.

After reviewing these programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com and I'll send you an information sheet to complete so I can give you a pre qualification letter and written quote

Stated Income Alt Loan programs: http://WWW.STATEDINCOME.ALT.COM

11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!

13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo

14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo

15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo

16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo

17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM

or call 888-662-4404

==
Don't you think $35,000 is still tight for a down-payment and closing costs on a foreign national? I am currently working with Buyers with much deeper pockets and can't find them a single family home in decent condition in a good location, not under $150,000. Someone has to start bringing those pocket listings into the multiple listing service...
Right now properties value are going up and up and you have not enough money to buy a property unless you qualified for a loan and put downpayment.
You could make an investment with 35K, but you are looking to use those funds as a down payment and closing costs. You would still have a mortgage, but at a price point of roughly 90 to 110K you would still have decent cash flow on the property.
No, you won't find anything for that price in the Miami area. At least nothing in rentable condition.

But you can still use that money to make a downpayment on a higher-priced property?

The rental market is strong here and you don't have to be a US citizen in order to get a mortgage!

Let me know if you need any assistance, I'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Ania Lenzholzer
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
You are getting the wrong advise from people.

At that price there are going to be alot of problems with the property and you are exposing your investment to risk.

Bank owned properties are not really good deals than in the past.

Pablo Torres
AF Realty,LLC
786-205-6988
Pabtorres@aol.com
Yes, you can buy a house that's in the foreclosure process. But with $35,000, you would need to look at Detroit for some of the cheapest houses in the country to get within that budget.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
I guess Cali is out of the question too...
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
A condo maybe, but a house? Only in very poor condition and only in certain sections of Miami Dade.

In reference to foreclosures, which people often think are a bargain, not necessarily so in Miami. Bank owned properties are in high demand and usually sell above asking price and above many fair market sales and short sales.