Moon, Real Estate Pro in Angel Fire, NM

I have a waterfront home in Victoria Park and would like to post it for sale on Trulia as an owner, is this allowed?

Asked by Moon, Angel Fire, NM Thu Jun 20, 2013

Answers

18
If you don't know the answer to this simple question, how are you going to know anything when you list your house for sale? Why don't you go back to work and do what you do best and let us Realtors do what we do best?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
Wow, Joseph. This is rather harsh...not necessary.
Flag Mon Jun 24, 2013
I will list your property on the MLS along with many syndicated real estate internet publications like Trulia and especially Realtor.com [for free] and I will not charge you a cent for marketing your property, for personally showing all viewings with my buyers or those of co-broker agents, I will do many open houses and etc.

However, upon entering into an agreeable contract between you and a buyer to a successful closing, my broker will get the standard and customary professional fee only . If your property doesn't sell during the listing period, you will owe me or my broker $0.

How can you go wrong?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
Standard and customary fee? Better check your Board or Florida Real Estate Commission....that is one thing we are definitely NOT ALLOWED to say.. You could be accused of price fixing and conspiracy......BE CAREFUL!!!
Flag Fri Jul 12, 2013
Sure you can, but you will hate the moment you did, since every realtor from Trulia will be knocking on your door offering his/her listing services :) Cheers!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
Marsha, Just wish to inform you that Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings. However; rental properties can be listed by agents, landlords, or property managers. Hope this is helpful! Laura
Flag Thu Jun 20, 2013
Hello Moon,
Trulia does not allow for-sale-by-owner listings on their site. They say that this is a means to cut down on spammers using the site. However; you may wish to post a blog about your home and community.

I can also suggest posting your property on Zillow.com and Craigslist.com as they accept FSBO listings and the service is free. However; your home will get the most exposure on the internet to attract the largest number of potential buyers if you list with a real estate firm. Food for thought...

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
No it mist be posted by an agent
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
I can give you a free Market Analysis price on your home and discus a reasonable commission for a fast sale CLICK HERE http://www.miamihomestore.com/sell/
Hello Moon,

Honestly I do not know if you can post on Trulia, you have to ask them.
However if you are wondering how much your house is worth please follow this link for detailed selling and pricing information:

http://www.buysellhomesinbroward.com/sell/

Goo luck selling.
Moon, you can not post it on Trulia, but you can do it on Zillow in "Make me Move" section. If you haven't sold your home yet, you may want to seek help of experienced real estate professional. It is the seller's market and average home sales in 45 days.

Olga Monson
Decorus Realty
Direct Cellular:(954) 512 3044
http://www.OlgaMonson.com
http://www.OlgaMonson.ru
I will be happy to get it posted for you. Call me at 954-549-4630. mrichardson231@comcast.net
Hi Moon! I hope you were able to get the response you needed between some of the snarkiness. I am just curious, have you yet sold your home?

If not, please feel free to give me a call at (954) 300-2178. I'd be happy to give you any advice I can on listing your home, marketing it, and getting it sold.

You can also reach me at CrystalDBond@gmail.com.
I read through the comments posted here from realtors to Moon's simple question of - can she post her property on Trulia as a private owner.

My goodness! For those who felt the need to preach the error of Moon's ways for thinking such a thing, remember these Q&A's are read by many people for years to come.

The simple, dignified reply to Moon would have been no, you cannot but should you change your mind and seek a real estate professional, contact me at ....

These Q&A's can be a lead source and just as easily cause you to lose business.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
Hello Moon,

If you are up to the task there are free sites you can use, however, just throwing this out there:

While you might "save" on commission doing a FSBO, you would have to pay for and do all the marketing yourself and then if an offer is made, the negotiation process could net you less that a trained professional would be able to acquire for you. Would you be willing to pay a commission if your house sold for 10% or more than you would negotiate?

Also, we bear the brunt of marketing/showing costs and keep an eye on all of the details from marketing to close. It's often calming to have a professional holding your hand through the whole process.

If you'd like some help or have any other questions, please call me at 954-393-3533.

Donna Davis Graf, Exit Ryan Scott Realty.
Do you also cut your own hair? Or do you have an expert? Just wondering?
Moon,

If you do decide to list choose an agent that lives and works in the area of your home. We have flexible listing options that give you the freedom to sell the home yourself without paying a commission.
Moon,

Only Realtors can post properties on websites like Trulia. For Sale by Owner friendly websites include Zillow, Craigs List and For Sale By Owner.

If you change your mind about selling your home by yourself and would like top-notch service and results, please contact me.

Best of luck!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
(at Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate)
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/
hi Moon,

Sorry, but no. Trulia is for real estate professionals. However, I understand you want to sell your home. I think this article might help.

If and when you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Maria Sabio
Chane Realty
954-336-5156 [C]
You might want to research the Sun Sentinel for the many negative experiences that For Sale By Owners have experienced over the years. I am here to help, as I can, after 33 years of local experience. Feel free to call. Thank you. Danielle Harrell, P.A. Allstar Realty 954-771-4910
Moon,

If you are selling by owner to save on Realtor Listing fees and can not find any approved buyers in this market, please contact us as we have lots of buyers. We dont need to list your home, only help the buyer to purchase your house.

http://www.newhomeprograms.com