Steve McC, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

I have a tax lien and suppose I can't qualify for a loan (CS is 650). If my wife qualifies, and the home is her name, would my lien affect the

Asked by Steve McC, Boston, MA Thu Apr 4, 2013

house?

Answers

8
Steve

This seems more like an attorney question vs. a Realtor question.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Your question was cut off so I am not sure what you were asking. But if the tax lien is just under you name and your wife qualifies on her own then she should be able ot purchase the property just under her name.
If it is an IRS lien you are correct that you may very well not find anyone to give you a mortgage while the lien is unpaid. If you purchase they can then lien that property. you should seek the advice of a professional who works with liens to see your options
I believe you would have to pay the lien off first. Bank or mortgage broker would be your best bet...they are the one's who deal with such questions.

Best Of Luck
Steve

I am not a mortgage broker but I would think you have to clear the tax lien before you can receive any financing. You should meet with a mortgage professional to discuss your options.
You would have to pay off the lien but potentially you could both qualify. Any questions call me
If the lien is attached to the house, it surely would be. If there is equity in the house you could do a cash out refinance and pay off the lien at closing
You should contact a qualified mortgage broker and explain your situation. You can also contact your bank and they may have more answers