Redfox, Home Owner in Houston, TX

I have a 5,500 sqft corner lot in Upper Kirby, looking for a builder who could build two houses just like these. Lot could take up to 3 houses.

Asked by Redfox, Houston, TX Tue Nov 30, 2010

Would consider a partnership with a builder. Do you know of anyone?

Answers

10
Mark R. I have no plans to sell the lots right now. I am undecided whether to build or sell them. There is no end of potential buyers, because the area and the corner lot is quite sought after. It has reached the point that we occasionally have to shoo-off people who knock on our door. Generally they (builders/prospectors) think we are all stupid on that street and don't know the value of our own land. If we sell it would be through a realtor. It's prime land and naturally I expect the best price for it.

Meanwhile I am looking for a builder who might be able to give some decent quotes, so far Houston's builders have been a total let down. I don't know how most of them stay afloat in this economy, since they don't answer phones, emails and don't respond to written enquiries. I have found one builder through a friend, and we've exchangd some short emails so far, but I'm keen to keep my options open. I have considered building 3 homes there, and keeping one of them for myself as a base in town. Then again maybe I'll sit on the land for another few years... I am not poor so don't actually care when or if they ever sell. In this economy they are holding their value, and holding on to them is a safe option. I am open to sane OFFERS though.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010
Reginald, Between 3 and 5 'bedrooms', two of these to be used as a study and craftroom. It's a case of building up the way, in order to put 3 houses on the lot. There are identical houses like what we want on the street already, we're friendly with the lady who built them. We will probably do as she did, build three homes, and keep the one on the corner position. So no, no actual plans as yet, but much the same set-up as has been done already along there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010
Michael, thanks I have tried to contact Lovett, they were a waste of time, I have emailed them about 3 times and attempted to phone them. They do not reply. I figure then they clearly don't want my business (and clearly don't deserve it).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010
I may be intertested in buying the lots outright what are you asking for them?
You might also contact Lovett Homes as they have built townhomes in the Upper Kirby area in the past. They are also a developer and should have a wide range of plans and be able to discuss options with you.

Michael Roddy
RE/MAX Memorial Town & Country
832-204-1377 direct
Try ZK Homes and Micheal Thurman both custom home builders in the Loop.

Connie Inmon
RE/MAX Realty Center
Cypress, TX 77429
Web Reference: http://www.connieinmon.com
In some area(S) only certain builders can build there could be some restrictions. Investigate that option 1st prior to wasting money.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
How many Bedrms are you looking to be built in each house? Do yo have the plans already?
You might call DJ at Covington Builders - 281 808-0512. They put up beautiful custom homes in the area
"I have a 5,500 sqft corner lot in Upper Kirby, looking for a builder who could build two houses just like these. Lot could take up to 3 houses."

which houses?
Web Reference: http://www.neuhausre.com