Lafayette La…, Home Seller in Nashville, TN

I have a 1400 sq ft condo with loft, 2-bed rooms and 2-baths with water furnish, what should be the rental price range.

Asked by Lafayette Lafayette, Nashville, TN Mon Aug 6, 2012

Answers

5
In downtown Nashville furnished high rise condos are renting on average for $2.25 per sq foot. An older condo may rent closer to $1.25 per sq foot.
Depends on the area, and the condition of the property. Make sure you do a background check etc on the tenants. And tenants DO NOT WIRE FUNDS TO ANYONE, PERIOD..
and tenants make sure the person advertising the property is indeed the owner, or realtor. There have been so many scam artists taking advantage of folks, it's just sad.
Simple. DIY...go to "rentometer.com" and type in the address.
I agree with Ron. There are several ways to determine rental rates, one is to go on Craigslist and see what similar properties are leasing for. The other is to place an ad on Craigslist to test the response you get. If you are covered up with responses, you have probably asked too little. If you get no response, drop your price until you get stronger response.
Remember, you need to get enough rent to cover the principle, interest, taxes, and insurance on the unit. Your HOA fees should also be covered in the total.

Plan on cleaning or replacing the carpets after a lease, a fresh paint job, and a thorough scrubb of the unit after the tenant moves out.

Be sure and do a credit/crime check. Qualifying tenants is a whole other subject, but just know that when you rent to the wrong people, it may cost you thousands of dollars and months of grief.....

Steve Condurelis
co-founder, Keller Williams Nashville
Hi Lafayette,
The rental price range will depend on where your condo is located, which building it is in, the square footage, the age, and the features your home has.
Please let me know and I would be happy to help.
Sincerely, Ron Jones
RonJones@BobParks.com - (615) 823-2039