Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Joanna, Both Buyer and Seller in 60102

I have a question regarding "Towns at Lakeside " at North Port. What does it mean that they have deed restrictions? What is that about?

Asked by Joanna, 60102 Thu Nov 19, 2009

Thanks.
Joan

Answers

6
Great answer Mr Putnam !

Joanna, To further Mike's comments below

I don't know why but it seems that in every deed restricted community and I have lived in a few, there are the self appoionted "rules police". They sleep with the deed restrictions under their pillows and want weigh you dog monthly to see if it has exceeded the 25 lb limit. Understand the rules and talk to a few homeowners in the community and see if they are happy living there...... I remember putting up directional signs to my daughters birthday party for her 5th birthday only to have the "police" follow along behind me taking them down...... That's right the association president, Darth Vader, was tearing up my signs an popping the ballons...

Deed restriction are meant to keep the community neat, clean and uniform and to protect you and your property values. Sometimes the " rules poilce" can go overboard and restrict your enjoyment of your new home ( ie) Garage doors not left open but you like to work on projects in your garage workshop, No outside plantings But you have always wanted a lemon tree, No commercial vehicles but you have a small sign on your vehicle "Flowers by Joan", No business pursuits But you work from home and have an occasional client visit or have merchandise delivered there.......

If you think you might have any issues with the deed restrictions talk to the assoctation president and board mambers and ring a few doorbells and talk to your potential new neighbors.
.......... that's my $000.02 bg
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 20, 2009
Deed restrictions have both positive and negative aspects. Some people like them because it keeps the neighborhood looking very nice and organized. It keeps neighbors from parking trailers or boats in the front yard, sometimes it keeps for sale signs from being placed in the yard. Each deed restricted area will have their own set of rules and regulations, this is why it is very important to read them all carefully before buying in this type of area.
Other people like to have absolute freedom of their own domain. They don't want to be told to keep their garage door closed at all times or restrictions on what they cannot plant in their yard. They also don't like nosey neighbors leaving notes on their door because they didn't bring in their trash barrels by a certain time.
The list goes on and on regarding both pros and cons of deed restrictive neighborhood or condominiums.
Just make sure you do your homework and fully understand all the rules.
If you find a place you want to move into, take a walk through on a Sunday afternoon and talk to some of the neighbors, they will tell you exactly how it is there.
Good luck and let me know if I can be of service to you
Mike Putnam
...941..662...9941
Coldwell Banker
Venice, Fl
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 19, 2009
Towns at Lakeside Plantation are townhouses in a deed restricted development called Lakeside Plantation in North Port, FL. They have a homeowner association called Sunvast Management Services. You can go to their web site and get the deed restriction information http://www.sunvast.net/

I have a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse that is a short sale for $88,000 in Lakeside Plantation if you are looking. The community has a heated community pool, club house, cabana, tennis courts, meeting room, card room, a playground, community park, a billiard room, and a fitness facility. The neighborhood has underground utilities, city water and sewer and sidewalks throughout the community. The lawns are always neatly trimmed and there is a lot of landscaping.

If interested contact me.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Joanna,
Deed Restrictions are just that, restrictions to keep the property values at the optimum level. Before you move anywhere, get a copy of the deed restrictions and you might find they are not as bad as you think. Deed Restrictions can be good. Look at them carefully.
If you need any help or information, I'll look forward to helping you.

Genny
Genevieve Ramachandran
http://www.puntagordarealty.com
Hi Joanna,
Most all condominiums have rules and restrictions, such as no pets, lease restrictions, no trucks/ RV's/ boats etc. They also have monthly fees to pay for common areas and amenities. If you need more info, please feel free to call me at 941-349-6465.
Bob Stahlschmidt, your real estate professional
Prudential Palms Realty
Hi Joanna, Yes they do have deed restrictions. There are 2 story town-homes, acrually pretty nice. I just sold one to a German buyer. Please call me with any question regarding Lakeside Plantation.

Warm Regards

Werner
Web Reference: http://www.2Sarasota.com