S, Home Buyer in 46307

I have a question about realtor ethics.

Asked by S, 46307 Sat Sep 13, 2008

My husband and I were going to sell our condo and buy a townhome, when our buyer's financing fell through at the last minute, and created a nightmare for all parties involved. Earnest money was returned to all parties,and mutual realease contracts signed. The owner of the townhome that we were going to buy is using her brother as her realtor,and she unwisely went ahead and purchased another home, even though she didn't sell the townhome yet. We told them we no longer wanted the townhome; however, her brother continues to bother our realtor, begging us to buy the townhome, which we refused several times. The owner signed the townhome under another realtor , but the brother is still trying to make us offers on his sister's behalf, going behind our realtor's back (since she won't accept their calls anymore) to another realtor. This realtor just called us saying that the brother's mother will buy our condo if we agree to buy his sister's townhome. How do we end this once and for all?

Answers

5
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
S,

You have been given sound advice. We are sorry you had to experience this type of thing. We only hope you don't think all realtors operate in this manner.

The "Eckler team"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2008
Hi There, I would agree with Erik. Contact the Broker of the office for that REALTOR and tell your story. If that does not work, GNIAR.com is our board. Call and talk to Laura Sallie.
Web Reference: http://www.tritowngroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2008
Out of professional curtsey I will not speak poorly of another fellow Real Estate Agent, but it is fair to say that not all agents are equal. If you feel an agent is stepping over ethical boundaries, you need to contact their Broker and tell them about their behavior. It's only fair. The agent is supposed to represent the Broker with the up-most professionalism. If this does not put an immediate stop to this behavior you can also contact the local REALTOR board office.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2008
I agree, your advice so far has been sound. I would also start with speaking to the manager or broker of the agent that is creating stress for you. If you are still unhappy with the result, I would then talk to the local real estate board office and see how they can help you. As Realtors, we are bound by a code of ethics and have a responsibility to behave well and do our best for our clients. This does not sound like good behavior. Good luck!
Thank you for your advice. We didn't want to get anyone "in trouble", but I guess a professional realtor should know better than to act in this way.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008