Home Buying in Downtown>Question Details

Betty Lander…, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have a pretty big dog and would like to have a vacation place in West Palm Beach within walking distance to Palm Beach. Are any condos pet friendly?

Asked by Betty Landercasper, West Palm Beach, FL Tue Feb 5, 2013

Answers

11
Sandra Gold’s answer
Dear Betty

With prices so low at this time, you may consider a Townhome or even a single family home which has better pet policies than most condos do. Condos most times have weight restrictions but there are some that allow big dogs. All depends on what kind of dog and what the weight restrictions are.

If you would like to get a list of available homes feel free to contact me.

Sandra Gold - Realtor
Keller Williams
561-860-3321
DestinationDreamHome@gmail.com
htpp://www.sandragold.kwrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 14, 2013
Hi Sandra,
My girlfriend and I are planning to move from Clearwater to your area. I was interested in your answer about the dogs. My roommate has a 3 pound Yorkie and I have a Great Dane and possibly an English Bulldog (NO RELATION TO A PIT BULL!) The top of out list is something pet friendly, fenced yard and on or close to beach.

Thank you
Joann
shillmanjoann@yahoo.com
727-953-8106
Flag Sat Mar 1, 2014
Hi Betty,
As you've seen from most answers, finding a condo that allows a large dog, or more than one dog can be challenging, BUT to answer your question the ONE condominium that allows dogs without weight restrictions AND is only 3 blocks to the pedestrian friendly middle bridge over to Palm Beach is the Esplanade Grande Condominium in downtown West Palm Beach on Narcissus Avenue. You didn't mention your price range but current availability 9/17/14 starts at $1,250,000 for a 2 BR/3 BA and goes up to $3,795,000 for a 5 BR/6 1/2 BA apt. Hope this helps!
Bill Kirk
Senior Broker Associate
Sotheby's International Realty
Palm Beach Brokerage
561-267-2140 cell/text
bill.kirk@sothebyshomes.com
Yes, in West Palm there are condos which will allow a large dog, even more than one dog! Not too many buildings, however, assume that you only need one. Are you looking to rent or buy?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gail

Fite Shavell
101 N. County Rd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480
Direct: 561-818-6444
ghughes@fiteshavell.com
Hi Betty,

I can't stress enough how many people with dogs love Jupiter. In Jupiter is a dog beach and there is a community there called Sea Colony which has town homes, single family homes and condo's. If you send me your email or call me I will send you the active listings in there. I sold two in there and rent a couple out seasonally for some of my clients. There are a couple of other communities that are within walking distance to the beach as well. There is Ocean Walk which is Beautiful and gated and the community also backs up to the beach. Please let me know if I can email you homes there or please feel free to call me. My email is Debram@goldenbearhomes.com and my cell is (561) 252-1353

Hope to hear from you

Debra
Betty,

Not sure if you have decided what area or not you want to live in, but I wrote to you a few days back about Jupiter FL. There is a development called Sea Colony and another one call Olympus, and a third called Ocean Walk, that I think you would like, there are a lot of people with Golden Retrievers and other larger dogs that enjoy that beach, because it is a dog beach. Let me know if you want me to show you these different communities. Below is my contact info.
Debram@GoldenBearhomes.com or my cell (561) 252-1353.
You can reach me at 561.452.7709

Pearl Carson
Realtor/Marketing Specialist....
561.452.7709

Keystone Realty Group

I'm sure to have a place to suite the needs of you and your doggy!
Condos, if pet friendly, have weight restrictions usually 20-25 lbs. depending on building.
Gail Hughes
ghughes@fiteshavell.com
After reviewing these programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com with the ones you'd like more info about:

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!

2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!

3) 99% LTV- FHA

4) 97% LTV- NEW- No PMI -No FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!

5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!

6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan

7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home

8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc

9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo

10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

Stated Income Alt Loan programs

11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!

13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo

14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo

15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo

16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo

17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404
Betty,

There are some condominiums that are pet friendly but many that are limit size so you will be limited but there are opportunities. Having two Golden Retrievers I know where they would be allowed and it is limited. The next question is what would you consider walking distance to Palm Beach and are we speaking of Worth Avenue. If you are not living on the island you will find nothing close that most people would consider normal walking distance as you would either be crossing a bridge from the mainland or making a loooong hike from further south on Palm Beach Island.

The best thing you can do is locate a qualified Realtor who can assist you in clearly defining your goals paying close attention to not only location but budget and condition you are willing to accept. I have a detailed analysis of pet friendly buildings that I would be happy to share with you. Locating the ideal buildings that meet your needs and properly preparing you to act fast on the best best new opportunities. In this market you have to be ready to act quickly when the right deals present themselves.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Betty,

Have you ever considered the Jupiter area, because they have a dog beach and there are communities
right near the beach so you could walk your dog there. It's fun and everyone takes their dog there and they run free and enjoy Florida as much as we do.

Debra Menuel
Golden BEar Realty, LLC
(561) 252-1353
absolutely give me a call. Thank you so I can clarify for you. Doreen danton of the Corcoran group real estate 561-310-1660