Jacqueline S…, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

I have a pre approval and a commitment letter from my lender (yeah!!) now we are in need of an expert realtor and I am not sure where to begin

Asked by Jacqueline Stephens, Tampa, FL Wed Oct 21, 2009

I would prefer a realtor who specializes in short sale homes being that the vast majority of the homes we can afford are short sale. Do you have any suggestions? Integrity is definitely a key characteristic

Answers

6
J
I recommend interviewing three Realtors. It is helpful if they have experience in real estate, however note that many new agents start in real estate by specializing in working with buyers. If they don't have a lot of experience ask them if they have a more experienced Realtor that mentors them, answers their questions, etc.

I recommend that you have them prepare a buyer broker representation agreement. Go over the details, particularly where it talks about how the Realtor is paid (commission, usually paid by the seller, not you) and also the type of property that you want to purchase.

Not all Realtors are the same, so by talking with a couple you will be able to see some of the differences and determine which one will best serve your needs.

Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA

I would love to help you or anyone you know. I have been in the business over 17 years with being the top agent in my area. I give my clients 110% and protect you. go to our site for short list and more!
Web Reference: http://www.TeamBarone.com
Hi Jacqueline,
Last month I had the pleasure of working with a Realtor in Tampa. Mike Hughes. A real gentleman and a pleasure to work with. He is well versed in short sales. His cell # 813-690-2811.
Good Luck.

Genny
Punta Gorda Realty
941-268-1511
Ask your friends, neighbors and family for a referral. I think it's the best place to start. Also, try and schedule your closing at least 3 days prior to Nov. 30 (when your $8000 tax credit runs out) just in case your closing is delayed a day or two. It may be the biggest investment in your life so far so ask questions, know there will be a few hurdles (inspections, appraisal, etc.) that are customary in purchasing a home and remain optomistic that all your hard work will get you the keys to your new home. Sometimes short sales may be delayed closings. I would not limit yourself to a short sale, especially if you want to take advantage of the $8000 tax credit. There are many good deals out there. Good luck.
hello Jaqueline.... I do not know if you considering moving to Wisconsin... which I love, but if it's not the case I'll be glad to help.
I'm a short sale specialist, HRC or home retention consultant and have a proven record to expedite or get bank....answer no matter what it takes, in a timely manner.
I'm assuming you're trying to get advantage of the 8k "stimulus.... and honestly i got to tell it would have been better we would have started yesterday if it wasn't that I'm....fast!
I have a sentor they will extend the stimulus, but in case I'll be glad to provide my reference and get you the best bang for the buck.
I'm with Prudential, e-certified and Quality Service Certified with a 100% record!
If you could give me a little more details i'll have yopur property PRONTO by tomorrow!
I can be reached at 813-785-7529....... anytime.
also my site offer auto alerts and different options to select your new Home.
Web Reference: http://www.hothomespot.com/
I am a Realtor in Wisconsin , part of Shorewest Realtors, the states largest Real Estate Offices.
I belong to the National relocation, and referral network, and If you would like to answer a few questions, I can get you connected with a professional in the area that you want to live, and someone that has the experience you need. I handle short sales myself, so I know what you mean when you ask that question.
Short Sales are NOT for all agents nor are they a good fit for Many Buyers.
Let me know if you'd like my assistance, and good luck on your House Hunting! :)

Lynne Forrestal
Shorewest Realtors