Mary, Home Buyer in Signal Mountain, TN

I have a house that is about 1600 square feet and have a few more projects. Is it hard to sell a house "as is?

Asked by Mary, Signal Mountain, TN Thu Jan 31, 2013

Answers

5
Depending on what the projects are. Many times it is easier to sell As-Is. Most of the time a buyer wants to put their style into a home and feel that is hard to do it you have done all the work and are asking top dollar because of the work that you have put into the home. That size of home on Signal Mountain would attract many of todays buyers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2014
It has been my experience that it is actually easier to sell a home in an "as is" state. There is less negotiation and variables that enter the equation. Obviously, because if the condition of the home you will have a smaller pool of candidates for purchasing but those who are looking know what they are looking for in an "as is" home.
Mary,

Houses sell in all kinds of conditions. Location is about the only thing a Buyer can not change. Call me at (423)413-5037 and we can set up an appointment to review your home's condition compared to any competition.
Hello Mary,

Believe it or not There is realy no such thing as an "AS IS" sale.

You MUST sale the home "AS DISCLOSED". This means you disclose alll material facts you know about the home.

Then you price the home to reflect the fact that it is in need of repair.

Investors as well as owner occupants love a deal, and if you price the home RIGHT AND disclose alll material facts, and list it as a FIXER, you should be ok.

The only problem I will warn you of is ,if the home is in need a major repair it may not qualify for FHA or VA financing. You would need to secure a buyer using conventional financing or a CASH buyer.

Much Success to you!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
Mary,